INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu ray ISO of TV series  (Read 2876 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Blu ray ISO of TV series
« on: February 25, 2017, 06:13:48 am »

Hi

I have ripped my GoT S6 as an ISO with AnyDVD. When I play in MC is only plays one episode. I can see there are other Streams which look like episodes, but how do I know the correct order with out pulling the discs out of storage?

Thanks
Z

CountryBumkin

Re: Blu ray ISO of TV series
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 06:21:03 am »

JRiver program does not have menus for BDs. So you can only play the first episode on the ISO. You need to re-rip using makeMKV program to make each episode into a separate file.

MKV program will read the ISO and produce separate files for each episode.

Then you just rename the files to the correct episode name (usually the episodes are in order on the disk, but you may need to watch the beginning of each to be sure).

MakeMKV is free program (and it removed copy protection from disk) http://www.makemkv.com/

Z0001

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 06:25:03 am »

I use makemkv also, but the episode order of each disc seems wrong. Does MC present the episode streams in the order the Blu ray menu (if there was one) would present them?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 07:46:11 am »

No. MC only sees the first video file on the disk/ISO. So you need to rip them into separate files, then MC will display them by Series, Season, Episode.

When MKV rips a disk with multiple files, it produces files with generic names, so you need to figure out what is on each file and then rename appropriately. It's a pain in the butt. I find that most of the time the files in the correct order of the episodes.

Maybe JRiver will add BD menus to some future version.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 08:31:35 am »

I don't know about the GoT BDs, but I've ripped a good number of other TV series.  I'm always very careful to watch enough of each episode to make sure it's the number I think it is.  Babylon 5 was the WORST about this.  Many other series have the episodes in order.  Others don't. 

In the case of Undeclared, the first run of DVDs (which I own) are actually out of order in that the order on DVD, as presented by the menus, etc, isn't what the director intended.  So I had to renumber those to be different than the DVD presentation order also.  This stuff gets complicated for sure.

If you have a program that plays BDs on your computer (the actual spinning discs), I would use that to select each episode in turn, and then note the Title number that is selected.  That way you can tie a Title # to an Episode # and be sure about which episode is which.

Good luck!
Brian.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 10:18:07 am »

I have ripped my GoT S6 as an ISO with AnyDVD. When I play in MC is only plays one episode. I can see there are other Streams which look like episodes, but how do I know the correct order with out pulling the discs out of storage?

MC orders the titles by length and starts by playing the longest one. This is to help people get straight into the movie they are watching. It is not designed for TV shows. Titles are numbered though so just start with the lowest numbered title that is around an hour (or however long GoT is). When done manually switch to the next number up.

This typically works fine, but I have had a couple problems finding the next episode when discs have extended episodes thrown in the mix. One believe one show I have has the episodes in reverse order.

I have requested this in the past:
On bluray rips with sub type "TV Show" sort titles by number instead of size like with movies.
Find the mode of the titles ± 2 minutes and use it to play the lowest numbered title in its range first instead of playing the longest first.
(mode as in mean, median, mode)

Some discs are just a pain to sort out and require checking each episode manually. This is the discs fault, not MC's or makemkv's.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 03:46:42 pm »

Actually, you can see and play all the EPS on a TV BD already in MC.
1) Change EPS While Playing BD : In Std View --> Right Click --> Title --> ...view and select your title.  In Theater View --> Up arrow --> Settings --> Title ...view and select your title.
2) You can also add these titles as individual entries in MCs Library - see https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles.  Once you do this you can then use MC to tag, add coverart etc as like any other track.

What you can not do in MC (at present anyway) is Identify what Playlist = What Eps (normally they are in order but some are a PITA).
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up