INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom keyboard shortcuts  (Read 2340 times)

Anthrow

Custom keyboard shortcuts
« on: February 25, 2017, 10:39:21 am »

Hello there,

I have a question regarding custom shortcuts for playback control in JRiver MC 22 for Mac. I have been fiddling with it the entire day and to be quite honest I have ran out of patience so I decided to ask you guys.

According to several posts I am supposed to download the Resource.xml mentioned here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/User_Defined_Global_Keyboard_Shortcuts

I added the following two lines:

<Entry Key=“p” Command="10000" Param="0" TranslateFlags=“16” />
<Entry Key=“s” Command="10002” Param="0" TranslateFlags=“16” />

And placed the Resource.xml it in the directory: ~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 20/Data/Custom Resources.

However I can't seem to get it to work. JRiver simply doesn't recognize these inputs during video playback. I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me with this one.

Thanks in advance.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Custom keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 04:57:54 pm »

I don't have the energy to test it right now, but it looks like you have "smart quotes" surrounding the p, s, and 16 in those lines.  I don't think MC understands smart quotes.  Use the normal double quote character instead.  That's this character:  "

I think if you tell Text Edit to save as plain text it will eliminate the smart quotes.  I think.

Brian.

Anthrow

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 02:44:41 am »

Thanks for the response Brian. I changed quote characters to the correct ones but still no dice... What am I missing here?

*update* strange... I removed and re-added the file in the directory and now it seems to work. Thanks Brian, for your support, its appreciated!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 06:38:10 am »

Glad you got it to work.  :)

MC needs to be restarted any time you change (or add or delete) that file.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up