INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deadlock & crashes during Windows media conversion  (Read 1332 times)

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
Deadlock & crashes during Windows media conversion
« on: February 26, 2017, 05:45:27 pm »

After applying the workaround to allow conversion to work (see https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109054.0.html), I'm having trouble converting my collection of 33,000 FLAC files to WMA . I'm doing the conversion because this is what my cars support.

The conversion first completely stopped after about 600 files. Some files had errors, others had conversions in process at 0% at not moving. I canceled the conversion, exited Media Center, and then restarted it and went to sleep. I just woke up and it was hung again at about 3,000 files.
I'm using an i7-5820k (6 core/12 threads). I think Media Center spawned 8 conversion threads.
Is there a setting for the number of threads somewhere ? I may want to reduce it to work around this bug. But it would be good if it was fixed.

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Deadlock during Windows media conversion
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 05:47:19 pm »

Note that I'm converting to WMA lossless, and using the options to convert to the same folder as the original files, and replacing the original files on disk, if that can help with reproducing this bug.

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Deadlock during Windows media conversion
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 06:17:11 pm »

I also just got a crash after my 2nd restart. Now restarting it again.

I have gotten lots of crashes. Just enabled logging.

I got many crash logs, but cannot attach them because they are too large - 6MB zipped each.

Edit: they are here :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1eSSO_7gwqeZGFGU1B6bTl4WkU?usp=sharing

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Deadlock & crashes during Windows media conversion
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:58:04 am »

I finally managed to finish the conversion of my collection from FLAC to WMA, but it took a while having to restart so many times. I hope someone at JRiver takes a look at the crash logs I linked to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up