INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to add FLAC files from hard drive to JRiver library  (Read 3844 times)

mttbsh

• Recent member
how to add FLAC files from hard drive to JRiver library
« on: February 27, 2017, 11:47:00 am »

I have ripped more than 1000 CDs into my JRiver library but the majority of my music consists of FLAC files downloaded from the internet to a hard drive - I want to load these into my library - I've used the browser function in JRiver to navigate to the files, but I can't see how to load them into my library so that I can play them through JRiver. I suspect there's an easy way to do it, I just haven't figured it out. Can anyone help? Thank you!

jkolker

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: how to add FLAC files from hard drive to JRiver library
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 12:41:30 pm »

Tools -> Import ?

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 12:47:42 pm »

" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

styxx10

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 01:51:14 pm »

Tools Options File type Flac needs to be Yes.... then run import either all your directorys with Music in or just select to import that one directory....

aviateur

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 06:14:11 pm »

Hi:

Here is an explanation and pictorial view of what is being discussed above regarding flac file importing. By the way, occasionally I purchase flac files that require importing and the majority of my library (99+%) is made up of flac files which were imported from CDs.

Here are the steps to take to import flac files.

1. Determine your library location for flac files. Place any flac files that exists now or are acquired in the future in this disk location.
    In my case, they all reside in D:\flac (see flac Import 2 picture below).
2. Proceed to Options > File Types. Scroll down the list to FLAC AUDIO (flac, fla, ...). Make sure the File Association is set to YES (see flac Import 1 picture below).
3. Proceed to Options > Library & Folders > Configure auto-import...
    The following alternative navigation path will arrive at the same option: Tools > Import... > Configure Auto-Import
4. Select Add... to add the flac file disk location identified in step 1. (see flac Import 2 picture below).
5. Decide whether you want 'auto-import' to run automatically.
    If yes, select the checkbox option called 'Run auto-import in background'.
    If no, you can manually control when to run the import process. For this, proceed to File > Library > Import... This launches the 'auto-import' function.
6. As an alternative to manually running the 'auto-import' function stated in step 5, you can establish the 'Run Auto-Import Now' icon for this function on the toolbar.
    To do this right-click any existing option such as 'File'. In the drop down menu, an option to 'Customize toolbar...' will appear. Select this option.
    Locate the option, 'Run Auto-Import Now', in the left column and select Add... to move to the right column. That's it.
    Select this option on the toolbar anytime you place new flac files in the location identified in step 1 and defined in step 4.  (see flac Import 3 picture below).

Cheers,
Lawrence
Two Cows Walk Into a Bar ...

mttbsh

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 07:43:39 pm »

Many thanks to all of you for your help! Very much appreciated...
Matt

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 05:16:33 am »

Many thanks to all of you for your help! Very much appreciated...
Matt
There is also an option for importing via the Windows file explorer, but you first have to enable it ...

First, make sure the 'flac' file format is associated with MC (see previous comment)...

Then, enable 'shell integration', which I believe is an option under "general"...

Stop MC, and then reboot. After which, you should be able to select a number of files, or a folder, right-click and you should now see a Media Center option that will allow you to import.
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up