INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Tuner codec problems  (Read 1511 times)

greyarea

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
TV Tuner codec problems
« on: July 16, 2003, 07:19:08 am »

I'm trying to record an old video as an avi file, and have all possible video codecs (thanks to ACE mega codecs pack) with which to do it; the trouble is the Standard J River codecs are all NTSC based (29.97 fps) - I need PAL (25fps) and when I record the dropped frames are almost by 50%. When I try to add another codec MC just shuts down.
Why is this?, and why doesn't J River ship the program with a codec that takes into account that not everybody comes from the USA??

digital:rogue

• Recent member
  • insert generic tagline here.
Re: TV Tuner codec problems
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 10:36:02 am »

I would highly recommend Virtual Dub. It is an incredible video capture and compression program, and best of all, it's free.  ;D

You can get the latest build from it's Sourceforge page.
http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

If you want to encode with AC3 audio there is a mod version for that, or work with mpeg-2 sources (e.g. VOB files) without frameserving first, there is a modified version available for that too :)

http://es.geocities.com/dextstuff/ will point you in the right direction with mods, or do a Google search on it. The mods get a little confusing as there are getting to be quite a few that have different features enabled/disabled, but then again, I don't keep up on it much.
.-=digital.rogue=-.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 02:09:47 pm »

You should be able to choose your other favorite codecs. If not I would like to know. The codecs must be in the form of DirectShow filters.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

greyarea

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 04:45:05 am »

Thanks.. trying with Virtual Dub - seems like an excellent solution. To Yoabing.. I can't choose my favourite codecs, that is the problem. When I go to Options/Advanced/Recording, I should be able to add a new codec (Recording/Timeshifting profile) I get the message Failed to turn on TV and MC closes... This said I haven't a clue if they're DirectShow filters or not. How can I check/download/create the right ones?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 06:23:43 am »

When you click Add under "Recording/Timeshifting profile", you should get a wizard helping you setting up a new profile. In which step of the wizard did you get the crash? Choosing video compressor? Which compressor did you try to choose?

greyarea

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 07:14:51 am »

It crashes just as the wizard opens, ie. after I click Add, and before I even get to choose the codec.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2003, 11:08:22 am »

Can you post your system information here? It is just too weird to have crash like that - on displaying a common dialog window. Something may be wrong on your system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up