INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does the cancel button take so long?  (Read 1658 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Why does the cancel button take so long?
« on: March 02, 2017, 11:14:41 am »

In the "Customise current view" tool, is it reasonable to expect that if the "Cancel" button is pressed, the tool should just close?

As it is now, if you just open the view editor and press cancel, having made no changes, it can take several seconds or more for the editor to close. Bugged me for ages has that one!

-marko

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Why does the cancel button take so long?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 11:40:25 am »

Do you mean the View > Customize View dialog?

That closes almost instantly for me in the debugger.

It does need to revert the changes that were made and propagate them to the view, so if the view's complicated, it could take a little.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 01:27:00 am »

I agree with Marko.  Been messing about with customising views over the past couple of days -  committing (OK), or cancelling, often, but not always, takes what feels like a very long time to complete.  Particularly frustrating with Cancel, where you feel it should be immediate.

Have noticed this as an ongoing issue with dialogues where you commit them (OK) and MC is unresponsive for an 'age' while you wait.   This often ties in with the dialogue returning behind MC and you are forced to interact with the taskbar to recover the "hidden" menu.

Just tested this and my first cancel took 17 seconds to return.  Subsequent cancels were almost instant.  Is there some sort of caching going on...?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 02:41:01 am »

Watching the logs, there's a bunch of this sort of stuff going on after I hit Cancel:

0219680: 1261780: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Media Type]=[Audio] [Never Play]=[] -[Genre]=[Podcast],[Soundtrack],[Comedy],[Tuition] (-[Keywords]=[Soundtrack] or [Genre]="Prog") [Demo Disc]=[] [Stack Tag]=[] -[Duplicate Album]=[Yes] [Channels]=2 (playlistid==121547713 or -[Bonus Track]=[]) ~sort=[Album Artist (auto)],[Sort Browser Year],[Album (display: edition)],[My Track #]; Elapsed ms: 92.377

Which are the rules for the view I'm testing.  Given that the view hasn't changed though, when CANCEL is used, I wonder whether it's possible to bypass the unecessary refreshes?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 07:56:54 am »

Coming next build:
Changed: When cancelling the Customize View dialog, if no changes have been made, it will be instant (instead of reapplying the same settings).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 08:07:05 am »

;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up