INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IMDB Movie and TV Info broken (at least for me)  (Read 1905 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
IMDB Movie and TV Info broken (at least for me)
« on: March 02, 2017, 06:12:31 pm »

Just imported a few MKV rips in the last 10 minutes or so using 22.0.59 - and MC crashes after about a 3 or 4 minute wait trying to find data...

Would like to know if this is an issue for anyone else or just me.

Cheers,

VP

CountryBumkin

Re: IMDB Movie and TV Info broken (at least for me)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 06:57:36 am »

Why are you still using version 59. The latest is 77 (your almost 20 versions behind).

The first thing you should to do when your having a problem in MC is to update to the most current version.  ;)
Good luck

Vocalpoint

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 08:18:16 am »

Why are you still using version 59. The latest is 77 (your almost 20 versions behind).

The first thing you should to do when your having a problem in MC is to update to the most current version.  ;)
Good luck

22.0.59 is Current Stable. We use the Stable channel for the HTPC.

Logically - I should not need to update to anything to use this version successfully against IMDB.

Especially when this version was fine with IMDB just a day or two ago.

Cheers,

VP

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 08:52:12 am »

We can't fix anything in a version you already have installed. If you encounter problems, its always best to update to the latest, because there is always a chance it was resolved already, and thus time is saved both for you and us.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Vocalpoint

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 09:22:49 am »

We can't fix anything in a version you already have installed. If you encounter problems, its always best to update to the latest, because there is always a chance it was resolved already, and thus time is saved both for you and us.

Totally understand.

But how is it that you leave the Current Stable out there (@ v59) wide open for users to presumably download - without current fixes applied to it?

If you are implying that there was an IMDB issue present in 59 (Which I do not believe there actually was - since 59 has been working great with IMDB for a long while) and you suddenly "fixed" it in a later version - then 59 is really not "Stable" at all - it's problematic - and should be updated accordingly.

If 300 people decided to grab the version from the website today - which will be current Stable (v59) (and assuming they have no knowledge whatsoever of the "Latest" channel - and are not hanging out here all day) - it stands to reason that 300 people might suddenly have issues with IMDB - thus possibly causing major support pain points.

I was always under the impression that the Stable channel represented the best "consumer" version of MC available and the one that should cause the least amount of issues.

FWIW - I did move my HTPC to 77 and the issue did suddenly resolve (my skepticism aside) - but when you guys fix something in the Latest channel - you might want to consider making those fixes available in the Stable channel as well.

VP

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 09:30:29 am »

"Stable" for MC means "changing less frequently", not "absolutely bug free".

We do try to pick a version for the Stable channel without any known critical bugs or work-in-progress features, but if bugs only surface after a while, there is nothing we can do to immediately resolve them. We do not have a special "stable" version, its the same as any ordinary version, just usually a bit older.

As such, we cannot cherry-pick individual fixes into some "new" stable version, because there is no special stable version. Its just a less frequently changing update channel, not otherwise any different.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Vocalpoint

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 09:45:11 am »

"Stable" for MC means "changing less frequently", not "absolutely bug free".

We do try to pick a version for the Stable channel without any known critical bugs or work-in-progress features, but if bugs only surface after a while, there is nothing we can do to immediately resolve them. We do not have a special "stable" version, its the same as any ordinary version, just usually a bit older.

As such, we cannot cherry-pick individual fixes into some "new" stable version, because there is no special stable version. Its just a less frequently changing update channel, not otherwise any different.

To be clear - I did not say 59 was "bug free". But I can say with 100% authority that 59 has worked brilliantly here for months. Including my very frequent IMDB lookups. Take that for what it is.

However - since 59 suddenly had a problem with IMDB for me (where it never ever had one before) - I will venture a strong guess it had nothing to do with 59 at all - rather an issue somewhere else - like IMDB itself for example.

I will leave that to you to address.

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up