INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Startup vs Windows startup issue - music plays every time computer boots  (Read 1219 times)

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen

Under Startup / Windows startup / Run on Windows startup, I selected :
Media server (allows library sharing, television recording, etc)

Under Startup actions, I also have  :
Start playing current playlist : checked

Now, when I boot my machine JRiver starts sharing the library. It doesn't bring up the user interface. But it also starts playing the current playlist ! I feel that is not expected and is  bug, since I have explicitly configured only Media server to start, and not Media center.

I know they appear to be manage under the same executable process.

I feel the startup action "Start playing current playlist" should only apply to Media center, and thus I should not get music every time I boot my computer just because I want to share my library.

However, I do really want the playlist to play when the Media center UI is visible on the computer. Since the UI doesn't appear on bootup, I think the playback should not start either.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

I would expect MC to do what you have asked it to do...thus this in not a bug....

then you would need to uncheck start playing current playlist
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen

I would expect MC to do what you have asked it to do...thus this in not a bug....

then you would need to uncheck start playing current playlist

The problem is the distinction between Media Center and Media Server, or lack thereof.

I want Media Server to start with Windows.

I want audio playback to start with Media Center .

I don't want audio playback to start with Media Server.

There are different designations for Media Center and Media Server is UI.
So, no, I don't think it's doing what I asked it to do. Or the descriptions of what the options do are wrong.

Whether one wants to consider it a mislabeling, bug, or design issue, I think the current behavior should be changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up