INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grouping Tag down in iTunes Has Stopped Carrying Over to MC  (Read 1304 times)

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Grouping Tag down in iTunes Has Stopped Carrying Over to MC
« on: March 05, 2017, 09:19:11 am »

I use the Grouping Tag to identify the versions of the CDs I have ripped into my collection.  I accidentally discovered that the Style Tag in dbPoweramp filled the Grouping Tag in iTunes.   Originally my process was to rip in dbPoweramp and do my basic tagging there and then import into iTunes (I still maintain an iTunes library function but MC is my go to management and playback tool) and then the files are import to MC using Auto Import.  Everything worked like a champ for a log time.  Now I have one little glitch I cannot figure out.

First using dbPoweramp and tagging Grouping pre-rip would extend that tag and information into iTunes and MC.  A couple of months ago with an iTunes update Grouping tagged in dbPoweramp would no longer carry through to the others.  I then began tagging Grouping post-rip in iTunes and it would carry through to MC upon Auto Import.  It nows does not transfer Grouping tag into MC.

My process of dbPoweramp to import to iTunes to auto import to MC is one more of habit but also I have MC pointed at the iTunes Library file path so that is why I first Add To Library in iTunes and then Auto Import in MC.  What I haven't tried is doing the Grouping tag in MC and then see if it will auto update in iTunes to save at least one step.

I ran a test ripping using dBpoweramp with all available fields filled with their field name and the word TEST.  After Adding To Library the Grouping field in iTunes remained blank.  But, after Auto Import to JRiver the Grouping field did show "Style Test".  So the Style tag field does map to Grouping in JRiver but no longer in iTunes.  I just have to find a workaround to save the extra step and checking for edits.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002
Pages: [1]   Go Up