INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC9 Media Server and Client question  (Read 864 times)

RvdBijl

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MC9 Media Server and Client question
« on: July 14, 2003, 08:38:42 am »

Hello Everyone,

I'm a new MC9 user (registered). Aside from using it for the HMO for the Tivo (which is awesome!), I would also like to be able to use it on my two computers at home using the *same* database.
To some extent this is possible (I can use the library manager to connect to the other PC which contains all my MP3's), but if I use the client PC to organize my MP3's (edit tags, delete files, etc) the server PC does not get updated. When I restart the client MC9, it reverts back to the non-updated database...

Is remote "management" something that isn't possible with the MC9 server and client? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Robbert

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: MC9 Media Server and Client question
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 09:23:13 am »

Hi RvdBijl,

Media Server only accesses the database in a read-only format, to avoid possible corruption caused by  Media Server and Media Center writing at the same time. This is on my list of things to fix.

j

RvdBijl

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 09:28:16 am »

John,

Thanks for your quick reply. I assumed that I could remotely manage the database and MP3's when the client allowed me to do anything I wanted to the database. Unfortunately I spent some time fixing tags this morning and was disappointed to see that nothing had happened on the server....
Maybe in the interim (before you add the write-feature), you should prevent any editing on the client?

Thanks,
Robbert

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 06:08:11 am »

It used to give a warning that MC was in "party mode" and changes would not be saved. Does it not do this anymore?
Pages: [1]   Go Up