INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver MC and 5.1 channels mapping on 7.1 (SACD DSF files)  (Read 1668 times)

rikpal

JRiver MC and 5.1 channels mapping on 7.1 (SACD DSF files)
« on: March 06, 2017, 04:31:53 am »

I hope I'm not creating a new thread for a subject already covered, but I did a search and I did not find an answer at the end.

I'm using JRiver, as well as, roon. I've NADAC MC-8 and exasound e38. Configuration 7.1 speakers (L, R, C, LFE, RL, RR, SL, SR).

No problem with channels mapping in 7.1. I play test files in 7.1 and they play properly in JRiver as well as roon.
When I play 5.1 test files you can find on the net, they are ok and the speakers #7 (SL) and #8 (SR) are playing as back channels, while #5 (RL) and #6 (RR) are muted. So, this is ok.

The problems are coming when I play 5.1 DSF SACD ripped files, since in roon the mapping is the same and speakers #7 (SL) and #8 are playing the back channels music, while #5 and #6 are muted. On the contrary, when I use JRiver, music on the back channels is played by speaker #5 (RL) and #6 (RR), while #7 and #8 are muted.

I tried everything, including to remap within JRiver but this is not working.

Anyone is experiencing this issue? tnx.

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver MC and 5.1 channels mapping on 7.1 (SACD DSF files)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 04:03:19 pm »

I do not know anything about Roon.  I play primarily Mch SACD DSF files on my 7.1 capable system.  It works fine, though I discovered one quirk. 

In DSP Studio/Output Format, I have found that I need to set up two separate zones.  One is set as 5.1, the other as 7.1 as the output Channels parameter. I use Zoneswitch based on the Channels tag input in each library entry > 6 to automatically toggle between the two.   

I am hopeful that this might solve your problem, as it did for me.

BTW, setting the Output Format to Source Number Channels delivers incorrect results between 5.0 and 5.1 SACD rips.  So, do not be tempted to use that. There is a difference between input channels and output channels.  The setting in DSP Studio should be just about output channels.
Pages: [1]   Go Up