INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Menu items/Level in Theatre View  (Read 1797 times)

cgroth

• World Citizen
Menu items/Level in Theatre View
« on: March 07, 2017, 02:10:49 am »

Hi,

I am using an HTPC with a touch screen, and I am using it for listening to music only. I have set it to automatically start JRiver in Theatre Mode, and this works fine. However, since my only top level menu item is Audio it makes no sense to show it/have to select it, and I would like to 'skip one level' and only have the sub menu items show up when I start (in my case Artist, Album, Recent, Genre and showroom).

Is there any way to do this?

Christopher

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Menu items/Level in Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 06:07:09 am »

I don't think there is a way to do that, but have you looked at the Theater View customization options in MC's setup?

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 06:21:27 am »

I don't think there is a way to do that, but have you looked at the Theater View customization options in MC's setup?

I think so  :)  That's how I removed all the other menu items. Or is there another "way in"?  ? 

I use Tools->Options->Theater View->Items To Show. It shows a top level item which I have called MUSIC (originally AUDIO), with sub items Artist, Album, Recent, Genre, Showroom. I was hoping to be able to remove the MUSIC level, but yet keep the sub menu items, but removing the MUSIC items also deletes the sub items.

This is not a huge issue, it is just unneccessary, and therefore not very elegant, to have to select something when that thing is the only thing to select  ::)

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 06:52:30 am »

You can just press the "Unnest" button in the theater view configuration to make sub-level items into top-level items, and then remove the audio item afterwards.
Note however that toplevel items are handled a bit differently, but maybe it works for you.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 07:07:04 am »

You can just press the "Unnest" button in the theater view configuration to make sub-level items into top-level items, and then remove the audio item afterwards.
Note however that toplevel items are handled a bit differently, but maybe it works for you.

That was it, thanks!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up