INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Centre for nvidia shield  (Read 5890 times)

Big_steve_fletch84

• Recent member
JRiver Media Centre for nvidia shield
« on: March 08, 2017, 04:21:32 am »

Hi all, I've just joined the forum so do forgive me as I'm sure it's been asked 100's of times but is there anyway MC will be made for the nvidia shield?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver Media Centre for nvidia shield
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 09:44:43 am »

Welcome to the forum.

I had to look it up on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-SHIELD-K1-Tablet-Black/dp/B0171BS9CG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488987782&sr=8-3&keywords=nvidia+shield

It's an Android tablet, so Media Center won't run on it.  Gizmo and JRemote should.

connersw

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 06:47:31 pm »

It's an Android tablet, so Media Center won't run on it.  Gizmo and JRemote should.

I'm fairly certain he's talking about the media box, not the tablet:  https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-SHIELD-TV-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B01N1NT9Y6%3Fpsc%3D1%26SubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-ffsb-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB01N1NT9Y6

It is dominating the Android media box market right now.  SPMC, the Android specific fork of Kodi, is exclusively being developed for this device now.  Considering that your "competition" is being installed on these and FireTV's everywhere these days, I would have thought that you would know what it is.

You are correct in that it will only run Gizmo, JRemote, or EOS since it is Android based.  Unfortunately, all those options have their drawbacks compared to a full service Media Center. 

Big_steve_fletch84

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 11:59:50 pm »

Yes I was talking about the nvidia shield tv media box that runs Android TV and as stated it's changed the game with android boxes. For me personally I would have thought that just a theater view version would suffice as atleast you get that smart looking interface and your not forced to use one of the "competition" like kodi,emby or SPMC

And yes I posted in the other thread 😉

moshen

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 10:25:56 pm »

Yes I was talking about the nvidia shield tv media box that runs Android TV and as stated it's changed the game with android boxes. For me personally I would have thought that just a theater view version would suffice as atleast you get that smart looking interface and your not forced to use one of the "competition" like kodi,emby or SPMC

I would also like to see this some time soon. I've had MC for many years and versions but we've just added a Shield into our set up. To be brutally honest the only thing really keeps me switching to the HTPC 80% of the time is that MC runs G-Force Visualiser. Kodi or even Plex, though not as great for the audio will do me for 80% of the time when the music is really just background or mood.

I have sideloaded Gizmo on the Shield but it really doesn't look great and while it works-ish it's not easy. I'd be delighted to have an MC Client that just ran Theatre View, using an MC server installed somewhere else.

MC has been great interfacing with my Yamaha Music Cast through Gizmo on the phone.

It seems like a lot of consumers are migrating from having windows boxes to Synology NAS. I'm currently running both. I'm also currently trialling Plex Cloud (at the current rate I think it will take a month to create the music library from my G-Drive folder though). I think that Plex is heading in the right direction with their server/client availability options. I'd love JRiver to head that ways as well as I like the quality of the product over Plex.

I understand that this all takes a lot of time and money and the pay off is not guaranteed though.

tyler69

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 09:14:36 am »

Video should work in JRiver for Android 26.0.21, now on the Play Store.
Pages: [1]   Go Up