INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very slow import with MC22  (Read 1734 times)

alacrity59

Very slow import with MC22
« on: March 08, 2017, 08:07:54 pm »

Indexing that used to take under 10 minutes under the previous version is now taking hours.

I am only using JRiver for audio.   95% FLAC files with the balance being mp3.  (about 4000 files)

All music files are stored on a WD MyCloud NAS using a shared directory mapped as drive P in a folder called SharedMusic.  I'm using the Import folder function under Tools. 

Frankly there are so many settings in MC that I'm also wondering if something I adjusted is causing the slow down.  I did a search here before posting but found noting on slow importing. 

Any suggestions as to where to start?

Mike

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Very slow import with MC22
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 01:43:14 am »

Is that 4000 files in total or is that 4000 MP3 files and ~80,000 files in total?

Is the NAS connected to the wired network rather than a fancy wireless link?

Are any of the files 'in the cloud' or are they all local to your NAS storage?

10 minutes seems very very slow for 4000 files and very slow for 80,000 compared to what I see on my local HDD; when I run an import it rattles through existing files at about 20,000 files a minute. MC DB on mSATA SSD, music files on 2.5" SATA HDD, Intel NUC i5.

Spike

alacrity59

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 09:00:54 am »

4000 total files.  NAS has wired link to router.  All computers are running wireless.  NAS speed to save and retrieve files is fairly constant.  10 minutes was an exaggeration.  Usually was around 3 minutes. 

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 09:45:54 am »

If it was me I'd hardwire the MC PC temporarily to the router and disable wireless on the PC. If things get much faster then the wireless link is the issue.

Also, bad news for internet connected WD MyCloud devices:

Title: Western Digital MyCloud NAS Devices Found to Contain Numerous Vulnerabilities
Description: Researchers have found that Western Digital MyCloud NAS devices contain numerous vulnerabilities that could be remotely exploited. One of the vulnerabilities disclosed is a login bypass vulnerability which could allow a remote attacker to login to these devices as an administrator. In addition to the login bypass flaw, many authenticated and unauthenticated remote command execution bugs have also been identified that allow a remote attacker to execute commands on the device as root (note that with the login bypass vulnerability, it's possible for all the authenticated remote command execution flaws to be exploited). These vulnerabilities are considered zero-day vulnerabilities. Users and administrators should exercise caution and ensure these devices are NOT publically accessible.
Reference: https://blog.exploitee.rs/2017/hacking_wd_mycloud/

Spike
Pages: [1]   Go Up