INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I send to MP3Gain?  (Read 2075 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
How do I send to MP3Gain?
« on: June 25, 2003, 12:28:34 pm »

I have tried to search the forum, but gotten nowhere. I remember somebody has complained before that when you send to the mp3GainGUI from MC you'll get one instance of MP3GainGUI for each file, not all files in the same window. But was that ever solved? And if it was could somebody please tell me the solution? Thanks a lot in advance!
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

bennyd

• Project Leader
Re: How do I send to MP3Gain?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 01:12:18 pm »

I have the same problem, each file opens one instance of MP3Gain
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Stebajo

• World Citizen
  • Every move you'll make I'll be here with you
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 04:49:59 pm »

Perhaps I've not well understood... but have you tried to drag & drop a bounch of files i.e. from Playing Now to MP3Gain's window?

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 10:37:27 pm »

No I hadn't, but you're right. That works. It's just the "Send to - External" menu that does not work.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 08:58:47 pm »

No I hadn't, but you're right. That works. It's just the "Send to - External" menu that does not work.

Happy it worked out! Anyhow from now 'send to external program' menu works too, but you have to point to "MP3GainGUI.exe" and not MP3Gain.exe, it's all.

Just the last advise for who is useing mp3 Jukebox like my Nomad Jb 20g, with MP3Gained files and you have strange NJB tags library issue in MC:
The MP3Gain's undo function makes corrupted mp3 for jukebox use and only a particular mp3fixer is able to find them; to fix this problem for next analyze go to Mp3Gain's Options\Tags and select "Ignore (do not read or write tags).

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 10:31:08 pm »

I've forgotten something...  :o

Before to fix your large mp3 files library you have to find what mp3 are corrupted: download http://www.jumpingcholla.com/jce_trapper.htm MP-3Library v2.20 (if you know a better mp3fixer please give me a shout) & install it freely.  Go to "Settings" pad\"ID3-Editor/MP3 Analysis" pad and activate all the options in "MP3 Analysis" settings and go back to Files pad. Go to "Import Audio Files (including subfolders)" command, than to Menu Edit\"Analyze all MP3s (in FILES)", here you'll be probably surprised to find so much problems in your files...
In first fix the VERY corrupted files (with red flash), usually less, than if you really have many files with minor problems I suggest to come back to MP3Gain, and select the same Folder and subfolders than in MP3-Library.
Select all files in Mp3Gain, right-click on selected files and activate "Remove tags from files", when it stop to remove its tags close it and come back again to MP3-Library to make a new analysis of all files.
Surely and lukily will remain only a bunch of files found with probs in the Result pad and to fix one to one with MP3-Library.

I really hope that this suggest could save to you all the time I spend to fix my files before to understand that was a MP3Gain issue... >:(

Regards

phelt

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2003, 11:06:46 am »

Mastiff: I wonder if MAREO might be of help here.

Stebajo: I don't know that it's better, but I've had good luck with VBRFix. Free. Windows VB-coded version is robust and stable, GPL versions are still being developed.

ZRocker

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2003, 11:10:42 am »

I didn't read all this post, but I select all the files I want to sent to MP3Gain (gui) and just drag-n-drop the files (onto a running copy of MP3Gain)...like Stebajo said (I see now).

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2003, 04:26:35 am »

Mastiff: I wonder if MAREO might be of help here.

Stebajo: I don't know that it's better, but I've had good luck with VBRFix. Free. Windows VB-coded version is robust and stable, GPL versions are still being developed.

Hi to you all!

Many thanks Phelt for your reply,
I'll surely test VBRFix.  ;)

Stefano
Pages: [1]   Go Up