INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id Pi locks up during file import  (Read 1610 times)

LawshrinkMD

• Recent member
Id Pi locks up during file import
« on: March 10, 2017, 10:47:13 am »

Hi, I am having problems with the Id Pi having very slow import of FLAC files, and then hanging and needing to pull the power.  I was able to successfully import a large directory of DSF and SACD ISO files, and they play fine.  When I try to import my FLACs, however, the system will take a minute to add one or two files, and then the whole thing crashes.

These are the same exact files on my NAS which I have built successful libraries for on my Windows installation.  I also tried running Ubuntu from a USB drive, and installed MC22 for Linux on my regular PC.  This was also able to access the network and add the FLACs no problem, but on the Rasberry Pi it just stops.

I have tried deselecting load images or look up thumbnails, etc, but it still freezes up.  I left it running overnight, figuring it might just take a while, but the Pi was quite warm, and totally frozen up.

Any ideas on how best to proceed?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Id Pi locks up during file import
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 03:36:59 pm »

Is it using a wired connection to the NAS?

LawshrinkMD

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 12:40:43 pm »

I checked allow long file names and now it is importing everything and seems to be working fine. Now on to deciding between DAC+ and DIGi+

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 01:31:19 pm »

I checked allow long file names and now it is importing everything and seems to be working fine. Now on to deciding between DAC+ and DIGi+
I think this is a red herring.
That only kicks in on linux when the pathname is >4096 characters.
Pages: [1]   Go Up