INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions: Get From Internet search and action improvements  (Read 861 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe

I have two suggestions for making Get From Internet more capable, reducing/eliminating the need to later go back to certain tracks or to other sources of Album and Artist images:

REQUEST 1: My library is only 50% oriented to albums, the rest of my very large collection is single tracks, individual songs that are not from any album, or an obscure who-cares album, or a collection/compilation that does not matter, it was just a source of the song.

So, while for original-source albums I want to display the actual album cover, for the many other tracks that come from re-releases or compilations or nowhere-in-particular, I want to display the Artist/performer. For many of my tracks, there is no known Album, the field is empty. Understandably, this seems to confused MC's Get From Internet. So, I find a suitable Artist photo somewhere else and paste it in.

But, I bet MC could do this, if it knew to do so. Two suggestions/requests (and excuse if MC already does this in a way I haven't discovered):

-- When Album field is blank, have MC use only the Artist field to look for images. Perhaps this already happens but if so, very odd results to an explanation of how it works would be helpful.

-- When Album field has text, MC won't know it's a compilation or other irrelevant album, so perhaps provide a check box in Get From Internet such as Ignore Album Name, or perhaps call it Only Search For Artist.

REQUEST 2: An additional enhancement would help when MC already has a bad/wrong cover image attached to the track. This can happen during one of the automatic cover art finding steps. I run Get From Internet on the track or perhaps the entire subset of tracks, typically by Artist, and see one or more already-in-library images that are wrong. Unless MC also displays a better, correct image to choose, there's no way to remove the wrong cover image. (It can be done later, of course, by going to that track.) It would be cool and super-helpful if Get From Internet results had a check box or option such as Remove Current Library Image From Track.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up