INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Quick Tag in 9.1  (Read 1190 times)

jleerigby

Help with Quick Tag in 9.1
« on: July 16, 2003, 09:25:01 am »

Just upgraded to 9.1 and wonder if someone can enlighten me as to what Quick Tag does.  I'm normally happy to just play around and experiment but in this case I'm scared of trashing a load of tags without knowing it.

I normally tag via properties window or by editing the field in the main window and tabbing from field to field for each track.  I guess that quick tag must do something a bit more sexy.

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with Quick Tag in 9.1
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 09:35:05 am »

Funny...I was going to post the same question...yes, please someone explain Quick Tags and how the little firecracker icons are to be used (when QT enabled).

I remember (too) the fears on early betas that people had about novices performing mass changes so easily with them (enabled).

nila

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 10:22:49 am »

Ok,
it's not that complex, in fact, a few of us think it's been over simplified now and are asking for that old dangerous way of tagging back (just for the tagging mode).

What you do is this:

Click on the view scheme u plan to edit then click on tagging mode.

Then click on any file and notice that panes change slightly to show like little icons.

Click whichever icon u want and it'll change the tag for that field to whatever u've just clicked.

To change multiple files select them, then tag :)

nila

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 10:23:36 am »

and Z,

ur hardly a beginner? where u been? Aint seen much of u recently? or am I just spacing out.

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 02:33:09 pm »

Click whichever icon u want and it'll change the tag for that field to whatever u've just clicked.

Nila, what does "whatever u've just clicked" mean?  Sorry to be dense, but I understood exactly what you were saying up until that statement.  How does MC know what I want to change and what I want to change it to?

Wobbley

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2003, 07:46:32 pm »

Let's say you have an Artist pane. And in that Artist pane you have <unassigned> and Metallica. (for simplicity).

If you select <unassigned> you will get a list of files with no Artist set for them. If you then click the Quick Tag button you'll see the little tag icon appear next to <unassigned> and Metallica in the Artist pane. There's also another line that'll say <new artist>. You'll notice that the icon next to <unassigned> is filled in while the icon next to Metallica is empty. If you then click the tag icon next to Metallica, all of the files you have selected will be given Metallica as their artist.

It works really nice except for a couple of minor inconvienences.

1. There's no way to then browse to a different set of files without toggling Quick Tag mode. Sure, it's only one extra click, but for some reason that one extra click seems to introduce enormous amounts of slowdown during heavy tagging sessions.

2. If, because of the set of files your looking at, the value you want to set for a field is not displayed, even though you know you've used it before elsewhere, you still have to select <new artist> in order to set that tag.
Pages: [1]   Go Up