INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused about Hairstyle use in MC 9.1.215  (Read 952 times)

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
Confused about Hairstyle use in MC 9.1.215
« on: July 16, 2003, 06:00:03 pm »

I just tried "Hairstyle" mode, and I am confused about the way it is working (or not working). My confusion is this:

When I create a rather long playlist of several hundred songs, the default Hairstyle skin (when playing now is selected) displays all the songs in the play list with the first song highlighted in a pinkish red color. After the first song finishes and the song 2 begins, the cover art changes correctly for song 2, but song 2's title is NOT highlighted to indicate that it is now actively playing.  Also, the entire list of songs does not scroll up once the last song (track #27) in the first screen, at the bottom of the screen finishes playing. At that point I expected the screen to either scroll up one line at a time or one full screen at a time.

So:

Question 1: Why doesn't Hairstyle highlight each actively playing song title? Is it a bug or am I missing something?

Question 2: I have read that somewhere on the MC website you can download different versions of the Hairstyle skin. I have looked and can't seem to find where these Hairstyle skins are located. Does anyone know where they are?

Thanks for any help.

Media Center Registered 9.1.215 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2842 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 670 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\ripping-complete.wav

Burning /  Drive H: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive J: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PREMIUM     Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Confused about Hairstyle use in MC 9.1.215
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 10:45:35 pm »

Question 1: Why doesn't Hairstyle highlight each actively playing song title? Is it a bug or am I missing something?

Because this is not the purpose of the magenta (yuk! change that color please) highlighting. It merely shows the currently selected item in the right part of the screen. Scroll up and down with the arrow or page up/page down keys and, o magic, the highlight moves. Press enter and the highlighted song will play. I am as disappointed as you might be that there is presently no way of showing the currently playing song within hairstyle. At this point I believe the only workaround consists in using an appropriate track info visualization in the hairstyle PIP (you can modify the size and position of the PIP by changing the settings in the main.xml found in the hairstyle folder (program files/j river/media center/fullskins/hairstyle/ for the default hairstyle skin).

Which leads me to your second question:

have read that somewhere on the MC website you can download different versions of the Hairstyle skin. I have looked and can't seem to find where these Hairstyle skins are located. Does anyone know where they are?

Actually, I don't think there is any hs skins available for download yet, at least on this website. What you can do is use the 'Acajou' skin (in hs go to set up-->skins and select Acajou). You can also download the two skins I have made so far. Just unzip the two files in program files/j river/media center/fullskins/  Then in hairstyle go to set up-->skins and select either 'Brushed Metal' or 'Ripple'.

Brushed Metal shamelessly plagiarizes JC's magnificent Mega-Me and Mini-Me skins.

Screenshots:

Links:

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/gr37/Brushed_Metal.zip

I have a new version in progress with bigger PIP and darker background (sorry no screenshot!):

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/gr37/Brushed_Metal2.zip

Ripple is a modified version of MC's default skin. I found it clearer especially to distinguish the selected buttons.

Screenshot:

Link:

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/gr37/Ripple.zip

I recommend you use the track info visualization called 'Just easy' in the PIP. It should display most of the playing now info and cover art in 1024x768. For a lower resolution you should try to play with the index.html in program files/j river/media center/visualizations/track info/just easy/

Hope this will help  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up