INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chromecast icon on JRemote for iOS now gone?  (Read 3838 times)

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
Chromecast icon on JRemote for iOS now gone?
« on: March 16, 2017, 07:48:05 am »

I used to be able to use JRemote on my iPhone 7 Plus and cast it to my Chromecast audio. The icon sat next to the Airplay icon. Now the Chromecast icon is gone. Help? Running server on Win10 desktop.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Chromecast icon on JRemote for iOS now gone?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 10:35:20 am »

Try unplugging and re-inserting the Chromecast device.  Power it down and back up.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 07:35:32 am »

No dice.

Odd, since I can play Pandora through Chromecast on the phone, which is what I've resorted to, not being able to play my music.

DJLegba

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 08:49:14 am »

I assume you don't want to bother installing BubbleUPnP on your Windows server (which would allow you to see the CCA as a zone in JRemote). I mistakenly installed the Chromecast app on my Android phone, after which I saw the icon in JRemote. That wasn't how I wanted to use the CCA though, as it meant audio went to the CCA via the phone, and therefore the phone always had to be on and within WiFi range. I uninstalled the Chromecast app and the icon went away. So what I'm saying is check the app on your phone.

The CCA device has a reasonably capable DAC and there are several advantages to using BubbleUPnP instead of casting from the phone.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 09:02:11 am »

Thanks for the reply! I tried BubbleUPNP on my Android phone last year, and frankly, I found it a bit complicated to use. I would get it to work, but at the time was having trouble getting CCA *or* Bubble to play more than one song and then stopping. So frustrating.

Back to Bubble: If there was a tutorial, or something, so I could understand how to set-it-and-forget-it, that would be great. I don't mind having phone on/connected to wifi all the time... don't understand how I would control the music any other way???

Frankly, all this is temporary, as I wrestle with my Id Classic, trying to get it to work (since October!). But that's a post for another thread...

Do you know if there's a Youtube or something to get Bubble to work? My NAS is available to anyone logged into my home wifi, or as JRiver puts it, a "network share".

DJLegba

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 09:19:45 am »

Back to Bubble: If there was a tutorial, or something, so I could understand how to set-it-and-forget-it, that would be great. I don't mind having phone on/connected to wifi all the time... don't understand how I would control the music any other way???

There's a decent tutorial on computeraudiophile.com.

In the summer I use the CCA to feed a portable player while I'm working in the yard. Don't worry, it's not loud enough to annoy the neighbours. Anyway, I'd have to leave the phone near the house to keep it within WiFi range, but I prefer to carry it around with me.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 11:30:52 am »

Can't find the post with the video at ComputerAudiophile, but learning nonetheless! My QNAP has a media streaming app, and maybe - if I can figure it out - I can add that to Bubble on my iPhone... there must be a way!

DJLegba

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 04:43:58 pm »

OK, I think I installed Bubble UPnP as you described! I see it successfully in "Playing Now"!

So, can I control this with JRemote on my iPhone? That's my whole desire here... Win10 desktop running JRiver server (and now Bubble). I think I'm missing something (or I'm the missing link).

DJLegba

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 12:14:50 am »

OK, I think I installed Bubble UPnP as you described! I see it successfully in "Playing Now"!

So, can I control this with JRemote on my iPhone? That's my whole desire here... Win10 desktop running JRiver server (and now Bubble). I think I'm missing something (or I'm the missing link).

In JRemote tap the little target icon on the lower left of the screen and change from Player to your Chromecast device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up