INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library restore failed. And, how many instances of MC 22 can a licensee run?  (Read 1891 times)

Blueshound24

• World Citizen

I already have my music backed up to two separate external hard drives. Recently I backed up my music files to an older laptop that is still running MC21, but my current laptop is running MC22. I had to delete a few music files due to the old laptop HD is smaller than my current HD.

I attempted to restore the library (meta data) and failed.

The message indicated: “Library restore failed. The previous library has been reloaded. Error details: Unable to load library”.

So my question is, is this because the library I am attempting to restore is from MC22 and trying to restore it to MC21?
Or, the size of the music files don’t match due to I had to delete some to fit the old laptop?

If it is because I am trying to restore a MC22 library meta data to a computer with MC21, does my license for MC22 allow me to upgrade my old laptop to MC22 so I would have two copies of MC22 running? How many instances of MC 22 can a licensee run?
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

So my question is, is this because the library I am attempting to restore is from MC22 and trying to restore it to MC21?

That definitely won't work.  Version 22 upgraded the database version and version 21 won't understand it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Blueshound24

• World Citizen

That definitely won't work.  Version 22 upgraded the database version and version 21 won't understand it.

Thanks. That makes sense.
Do you know how many instances of MC22 a person is allowed to have running?
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Do you know how many instances of MC22 a person is allowed to have running?

You're allowed to use your license on all the machines that are "yours."  Obviously if you own a server farm, you might be breaking the intent of the rule, but otherwise, no problem.

Blueshound24

• World Citizen

You're allowed to use your license on all the machines that are "yours."  Obviously if you own a server farm, you might be breaking the intent of the rule, but otherwise, no problem.

No, no server farm here. Just my lowly private home setup.

My attempt to restore license with my registration code for MC22 on the other computer yielded a "Critical Error":

The following module had failed to load:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MC20.exe
Failed to load JRTools
Please reinstall latest version.

Now this is strange it says MC20.exe? The downloaded file says Media Center22 Windows.
Desk Top:

Dedicated Room:

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Reinstall MC 22 and run it.  Then restore the license.
Pages: [1]   Go Up