INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to pull latest build? Non-DEB  (Read 1634 times)

YandereKate

• Recent member
Is there a way to pull latest build? Non-DEB
« on: March 18, 2017, 07:44:24 pm »

I am running OpenSUSE so I can't use Ubuntu Repos to update.
Is there a way for users who are not using ubuntu to parse the ubuntu repo for updates or an RPM repo?
If not it there a way to pull the latest build?
Such as:
Code: [Select]
curl https://example.com/path/to/file/mediacenter22-latest.extension -O mediacenter22-latest.extension
Pretty much what I am asking is there any way for us non-DEB users to update without having to manually check the forums to update?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is there a way to pull latest build? Non-DEB
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 06:52:52 pm »

You could periodically scan the download path with a for loop and sequence expansion, beginning at the latest current version you have already downloaded.

YandereKate

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 10:37:15 pm »

I could do that but that would require polling their servers every X and would use a small amount of bandwidth each time but that bandwidth adds up. Also, I haven't really been watching how they update their packages but if they go x.y.1 to x.y.5 then I should be scanning for
x.y.2
x.y.3
x.y.4
x.y.5
but while I am at it I should scan for Minor releases, not just Build/Patch releases
x.y+1.0
x.y+1.1
x.y+1.2
x.y+1.3
x.y+1.4
x.y+1.5

lets not even go to when a major version is released.

I would be happy with a list I could pull that would tell what the latest file is.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 11:51:17 am »

I would only poll once every 6 hours or so. The bandwidth use would be nominal. I've never seen a JRiver minor version update, only patch versions.

Major versions should probably not be installed automatically for a host of reasons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up