INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC22 and Core Audio handover issue  (Read 1305 times)

enyurc

MC22 and Core Audio handover issue
« on: March 26, 2017, 03:04:31 pm »

Hi,

Has anybody seen this before / know of a fix?

I have MC set up to play with 'exclusive access' to a USB DAC, and it works fine.  During playback, I can use JRemote to control the audio, change songs, etc.  However, if playback stops (e.g. reaches the end of an album / playlist), JRemote will be unable to restart playback.  If I then go to MC directly, it appears to be playing, but with no-audio.  If I hit 'stop' in MC, then reselect the song, it will play without issue.

Maybe connected to the same problem, if I hit 'stop', MC will hand-over control of the DAC to the system.  The system will then set the volume of the DAC (it is a combined pre-amp / DAC) to -50db.  I can set the the volume pre-set in the MIDI tool to whatever I like, but I would really like it to leave the volume unchanged.  Any ideas?

I know I haven't put all the details here, but appreciate any help if you've seen anything similar!

Rich.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC22 and Core Audio handover issue
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 04:20:46 pm »

That's not familiar to me, but I've got something you can try:  Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device

Select your DAC by name.  Do not select "Default".  Doing this should cause MC to lock on to your DAC.

Brian.

enyurc

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 04:52:58 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have the DAC selected directly.

Perhaps it would be helpful if MC never released the DAC from exclusive use.  Is there a way to force that to happen?

Rich.

enyurc

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 08:19:25 pm »

I found a fix!  The issue is related to how MC interacts with the Mac when the Mac is asleep and reawakes!  It seems that JRemote and MC don't quite work properly together if the mac is sleeping.

For now, I can fix the issue by forcing mac to never sleep.  Would be nice if there was a bug fix sometime in the future for this.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up