INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id USB Sticks and Newer Intel NUCs  (Read 1261 times)

ogenec

• Recent member
Id USB Sticks and Newer Intel NUCs
« on: March 27, 2017, 02:55:20 pm »

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and have a question. I am in the market for an inexpensive server/renderer to tide me over until LH Labs fulfills my Geek Source order (if that ever happens). I was looking at the Id 202, but then I looked up the newer NUC models on Intel's website. Now I'm wondering if the better path is to purchase one of the newer NUCs and the Id USB stick. I'm very interested in the NUC7i7BNH. Two questions:

1. Has anyone tried something similar and, if so, what have been the results?
2. How do you connect to a monitor so you can follow along with the installation process? (Yes, I am a total newbie when it comes to DIY computer matters.)

In case it matters, my current plan is to connect the NUC to my VI DAC via USB, which then goes to my living room's pre/pro. Once (If) my Geek Source comes in, that will become my living room's music server. Then I have two options to repurpose the NUC: Either (1) use the NUC as an HTPC (with attached hard drives) for my movies, or (2) move the NUC to my study as the music server, going into my Geek Pulse (which is currently connected to my Windows laptop). The former option is the main reason I'm looking at some of the more recent NUCs.

Thanks all!

Pages: [1]   Go Up