INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to select an audio stream for video files when there are multiple streams  (Read 1916 times)

David593

• Recent member

Hi guys, hope you can help.

How do you change the audio stream jriver selects when there is more than one stream? I can change when playing a file using right click, streams, picking stream. However is there a way to change this for multiple files prior to watching so jriver always defaults for those files to the selected stream? I have a tv series with two language tracks for each episode and the first jriver defaults to is not English. I can't see a tag or any other way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Ps I also have a dedicated audio setup run from a pc and the music playback quality, both normal and HD files has significantly improved between jriver version 20 and 22. I don't know what you did but it is a very significant improvement between the two versions, like an expensive upgrade to a DAC! Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

There's no directly supported way to do this that I know of.  But there is a sort of hack you can apply in some situations.  I have pretty much no experience with it.  Do a search if you want more info.  Here's the info:  There's an MC field called [Playback Info].  If you display this field for a file that you've *already* selected the correct stream for, you can copy this information and paste it into a similar file.  Because these are all episodes of the same series, this might work for all of them.  Give it a try on one or two files as an experiment and see.

Brian.

David593

• Recent member

Thanks for the idea. I will try this out and let you know if it works  :)

David593

• Recent member

Hi bigentry

Just to let you know that the hack worked perfectly. I copied the corrected field and applied it, after testing, to 253 files and they now correctly play English! Thanks very much for helping  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up