INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Licensing issues with Ubuntu 16.10  (Read 1487 times)

ipta

• Recent member
Licensing issues with Ubuntu 16.10
« on: March 30, 2017, 11:34:08 am »

I've got Ubuntu on my laptop and I seem to need to relicense my copy of Media Center every couple days. I've read the other licensing issue threads and it's possible that the DHCP server at my work is changing the hostname causing this issue. (There is also a usb wired NIC that I use at the office and wireless when I'm at home.)

1. Is there a way to get this license to be persistent no matter what the networking configuration is?
2. Can I have the number of restores for my license reset? I'm down to 4 :(

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Licensing issues with Ubuntu 16.10
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 11:38:03 am »

I've got Ubuntu on my laptop and I seem to need to relicense my copy of Media Center every couple days. I've read the other licensing issue threads and it's possible that the DHCP server at my work is changing the hostname causing this issue. (There is also a usb wired NIC that I use at the office and wireless when I'm at home.)

1. Is there a way to get this license to be persistent no matter what the networking configuration is?
2. Can I have the number of restores for my license reset? I'm down to 4 :(
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109391.msg757477.html#msg757477
Don't let the OS randomize your MAC address.
PM me your license code.

ipta

• Recent member
Re: Licensing issues with Ubuntu 16.10
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 12:12:33 pm »

I don't use NetworkManager (I use wicd instead) but I will keep an eye on it to see if it's randomizing my mac addresses.

How do I know which mac address media center is using for the license? Like I said I'm using an external wired network card at work which is unplugged and non-existent when I go home so it would be nice to pin this check to my built-in wireless card.
Pages: [1]   Go Up