INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 21 will not play [Solved]  (Read 1748 times)

audiodoc

• Recent member
MC 21 will not play [Solved]
« on: April 04, 2017, 01:33:11 pm »

Everything was working fine until I swapped out a digital cable from my Asus Xonar D2 card to my amp. After that, when I hit PLAY nothing happens, the PLAY icon turns to pause, but the file won't play, clock stays at 0:00. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, twice. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the Asus card. I've checked the device driver in Windows, it's selected and tests okay. What would prevent the program from playing? I'm at a loss. Please help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 21 will not PLAY
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 02:54:08 pm »

Does it play if you put the old cable back?

Plugged in the wrong port?

audiodoc

• Recent member
Re: MC 21 will not PLAY
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 03:14:38 pm »

Jim,

As it turned out, JRiver won't play if there's a problem with the driver (I'm using the Asus D2 digital kernel streaming, which sounds best). When I switched over to a WASAPI driver, JRiver would play the file, but the sound was horribly distorted. I hot swapped the digital cable (amp was off, but computer on), which caused all the problems (yeah, I know better!).

I thought I might have fried the card, but the headphone output worked, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the card in another PCI slot, which solved the problem.  Thanks for responding.

Lou
Pages: [1]   Go Up