INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback could not be started using the format: 44.1 kHz 16bit 8ch  (Read 2135 times)

sdavies

• Recent member

I've been a user of JRiver since v.19 and currently on v.22. I've been using it without much issue until this week on a Win 10.
My setup is a central PC with JRiver feeding my music library to a multichannel amp. The soundcard was utilizing all 7.1 channels to create 4 zones, it was setup as follows:
Device= Realtek HD Audio direct sound.
Device Settings= each zone set to two channels (i.e. Left Side, Right Side or Center and LFE, etc.)
DSP Output settings =
   Ouput Format - Channels set to 2ch inside 7.1 container
   Parametric EQ - Source Left and Rights Moved to channels set in above settings (i.e. Left Moved to Left Side)
This had been working for months, if not years and for some reason earlier this week I find I can only play one zone at a time. I check the settings and for some reason the device has been changed to WASAPI which errors if more than one zone is accessed at a time... so I change it back to Direct Sound (I believe this is ASIO??) and I find that whenever I attempt to play an audio file I receive the error "Playback could not be started using the format: 44.1 kHz 16bit 8ch". The only way I can get it to play anything via Direct Sound is if I change the output format to 2ch, but then all zones play only to the left and right channel with the effect of 4 zones playing through only one zone - basically my zones are dead.

Any help would be appreciated, I've been toggling and testing everything the past couple hours and I'm at my wits end.

Thanks in advance

wolffe

• Recent member
Re: Playback could not be started using the format: 44.1 kHz 16bit 8ch
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 12:44:38 am »

try turning exclusive mode off for all zones.

sdavies

• Recent member
Re: Playback could not be started using the format: 44.1 kHz 16bit 8ch
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 10:05:20 pm »

Wow, that's it!! One little checkbox... ugh.

Thank you so much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up