INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver WDM driver issues with YouTube  (Read 4625 times)

drgoku

• Recent member
JRiver WDM driver issues with YouTube
« on: April 06, 2017, 11:31:51 pm »

I pipe all of my audio through jriver wdm and have set jriver to autostart at windows login.

This Setup works flawlessly when using Spotify, Netflix, Games and when playing a video in YouTube. However, when I change YouTube videos sometimes the audio wouldn't start for the first 10 or 15 secs. This occurs to me both when playing videos on same tab or on different tabs.

Please help me to fix this issue.  I use Chrome browser on Windows 10. I am using asio4all drivers through a soundcard xonar d2x.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver WDM driver issues with YouTube
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 06:19:21 am »

That could be a YouTube problem.  You could try a different browser.

drgoku

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 09:30:33 am »

That could be a YouTube problem.  You could try a different browser.
It happens roughly once in three instances when I click on new links to videos  within YouTube. It looks to me like the wdm driver is taking some time to load when the browser loads a new video.

drgoku

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 08:50:55 pm »

I have discovered more details about this issue.

My setup is htpc with asus xonar soundcard with asio4all driver connected to speakers and hdmi cable from nvidia gpu to lg oled tv. The issue is occuring because sometimes windows tries to play audio through the hdmi connection. When i leave the hdmi audio enabled, sometimes the audio comes out of the tv speakers. When i have the hdmi audio disabled i get the original issue - sometimes there is no audio for 10secs then it starts playing through the speakers connected to the soundcard.
Any idea how this can be fixed ?

tyler69

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 01:45:38 am »

I have a similar issue (and I do think that's not exclusive to Youtube). Everytime I change the video stream, the sound takes about 5-10 seconds to start. This is especially evident when I watch TV (DVBviewer) and change channels. I do use ASIO but not ASIO4All.

drgoku

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 06:03:10 am »

I have an similar issue (and I do think that's not exclusive to Youtube). Everytime I change the video stream, the sound takes about 5-10 seconds to start. This is especially evident when I watch TV (DVBviewer) and change channels. I do use ASIO but not ASIO4All.
Yes mine is not specific to YouTube as well. It happens sometimes when changing video streams and wait time is exactly 10 seconds. I noticed it more in YouTube because naturally YouTube is the place where I switch video streams a  lot more often.
If you have a similar setup as mine - hdmi cable running to a  display or device with audio but use audio through soundcard - then try to test by enabling the audio through hdmi.  You would notice that windows sometimes picks the hdmi device to play audio and you will have to manually pick the wdm playback device. I think the 10 second delay is due to Windows trying to play audio through hdmi, getting an exception, then switching to the enabled  audio playback device from the list.

So frustrating. Not sure if upgrading jriver would help. 

tyler69

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 06:28:50 am »

Thanks, I'll play a bit with it. I have an exaSound DAC which uses ASIO drivers. The only way I can get sound out of my PC is routing it through MC. I probably can deactivate all sound devices but MC as I don't use them at all.
I'm on MC22 btw.

tyler69

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 11:40:37 am »

FWIW, I deactivated all other sound devices in the device manager and have no more problems with delayed start of audio.

DJLegba

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 11:51:24 am »

I also have an exaSound DAC. My HTPC is connected to the television via HDMI, and the TV has an optical digital out. To get youtube through the e22 I just switch the input to optical. I suspect this option isn't available to you, but I never found the WDMI driver very satisfactory.

drgoku

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 06:52:35 am »

FWIW, I deactivated all other sound devices in the device manager and have no more problems with delayed start of audio.

Thanks. I disabled all the devices as well and so far I have not had the 10 second audio issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up