INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug with SACD iso when Moving Library  (Read 1328 times)

seamonster

• Recent member
Bug with SACD iso when Moving Library
« on: April 07, 2017, 08:56:20 am »

I have been using NAS as storage for my music (9TB).  Last week I backed up this database to an external HDD (12 TB).  Since now I want to use the music database from the HDD instead of my NAS, I restored the library that points to my NAS and use the move library function in Library Tools to replace the location of my music database.

Everything went well and I can use the library to play AIFF, FLAC, etc files from my HDD.  However I keep getting an error "something went wrong" when trying to play SACD iso files on my HDD database.  When I switch to the NAS library everything is well.

I tried different ways to get the SACD iso files on my HDD to work with MC 22 (with the latest update).  Finally I realize if I delete the SACD album from the library and re-import the album again from the HDD location, it works again.

This is very not ideal as many of my SACDs have not been encoded with album titles and track names and I have painstakingly filled in these data to each of these SACD iso files.  When I delete the album from the library and re-import, these data are lost.

Is there a bug here?  What is the problem?

Thanks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bug with SACD iso when Moving Library
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 04:51:37 pm »

Yes, this a well known problem with MC.  I won't use the B word, but it's definitely a well known issue that requires a procedure to fix.  See this post for details on the fix:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,96837.msg668255.html#msg668255

Brian.

seamonster

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 06:56:17 am »

Thanks.  This does not seem to work or may be I did something wrong.

Why wouldn't JRiver fix this problem?  Can we write them?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 07:12:19 am »

The JRiver staff read the posts here and answer some of them.  Jim H is the president; he posts a lot here and reads pretty much everything.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up