INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO output randomly fails  (Read 1461 times)

Sperious

ASIO output randomly fails
« on: April 08, 2017, 03:53:31 am »

I'm currently evaluating Media Center and all seems well except for this random error message that I'm sometimes receiving, preventing any playback at all until the computer is rebooted.

I'm using a Nuprime IDA-8 DAC connected via USB. Everything normally works really well, both with normal 16/44.1 FLAC files as well as high resolution FLAC and DSD too.

Please see the included screenshot for the complete error message. When this occurs it doesn't matter what file format I try playing or if I restart Media Center. It also locks every other program from accessing the DAC, including system sounds.

I kind of suspect that this happens after I have used the JRemote app on my iPad and have switched zone to "This Device". It might also only happen when I have then used Airplay from the iPad to one of my Airport Express or Apple TV units. I need to do some more experimenting with this when I get home.

fluidz

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: ASIO output randomly fails
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 08:15:47 am »

Same issue with my Chord Mojo.  Rebooting the Mojo initiates Asio, but shouldn't have to be done. 

I don't think its a problem with JRiver as i get the same issue when using Fidelify (an alternative to spotify) which I set to use Asio also.  Asio playback fails.

It's only quite recent that its started to play up, maybe a windows/asio driver issue?  I'm using Windows 10 (not redstone)

Instead of rebooting windows, try disconnecting/reconnecting or rebooting the dac.

Update : I closed Chrome and Asio playback worked first time, I just had to reload the driver.  Apps which use Direct sound being open seem to block asio from initializing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up