INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 22.0.97 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 9072 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 22.0.97 for Windows -- Available here
« on: April 10, 2017, 06:49:48 am »

This is the latest version of MC22.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v22/latest/MediaCenter220097.exe

22.0.97 (4/7/2017)

1. Changed: Made the Send To menu no longer list hidden zones.
2. NEW: TV Channel and program icon URL will be automatically added to database if they are available in xmltv file.
3. Changed: Improved xmltv EPG data handling in general, and in particular with IceTV data.
4. Fixed: The OSD could display the same (wrong) image name all the time even as playback was advancing.
5. Changed: In the File Location Options dialog, a custom path can now be entered for images.

22.0.96 (4/3/2017)

1. Changed: Added RTF to the list of extensions the View Extras menu searches for.
2. NEW: Added Matroska transcoding, streaming and DLNA profiles.
3. Fixed: Picking the option "Ignore accents when sorting" wouldn't stick in an unchecked state between runs.
4. Changed: Searching for a letter range includes accents as well.

22.0.95 (3/31/2017)

1. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
2. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
3. Fixed: When Theater View would show a menu and then show a child menu when the child menu would go away the focus would shift back to the Theater View list instead of the menu.

22.0.94 (3/29/2017)

1. Changed: Improved Sat>IP channels' xmltv ID matching.
2. Changed: Upgraded LibRaw to 0.18.2
3. Changed: MC now supports KDC format raw image files from certain Kodak camera models.

22.0.93 (3/28/2017)

1. Fixed: In Gizmo and JRemote the playback duration would be wrong and the playback bar would be inaccurate.

22.0.92 (3/28/2017)

1. Changed: Made ignoring accents a sort option in Options > Tree & View > Sorting.
2. Fixed: The string "Always on Top" in one of the menus wasn't flagged for translation.
3. Fixed: The "Click for Tools" option in the new tag window wasn't using the new skin colors.

22.0.91 (3/28/2017)

1. Fixed: Sat>IP channels marked with "dvbs" modulation system could not be played on a tuner that was marked "dvbs2".
2. Fixed: Some more Sat>IP channel handling bugs related to modulation systems "dvbt/t2" and "dvbc/c2".
3. Fixed: The image portion of the new tag window wasn't using the updated text colors.
4. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
5. Fixed: Mouse wheel over a list style edit field in the new tag window would still sometimes close the editing.
6. Changed: A couple more skin updates from Awesome Donkey (thanks!).

22.0.90 (3/27/2017)

1. Changed: Updates for pretty much all the skins (thanks Awesome Donkey!).
2. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).

22.0.89 (3/27/2017)

1. NEW: Sat>IP channels can be scanned using server-provided channel list m3u file if available.
2. Fixed: For Sat>IP devices the tuner type drop list on "Configure Device" dialog window only contained one entry "Disabled", with "Sat>IP" missing from the list.
3. Fixed: SatIP channel manipulation bugs caused channels loaded from the server not playable.
4. Changed: Ingested some more skin updates from Awesome Donkey (thanks!).
5. Changed: Made the about box a bit wider because some of the text would cut off on certain monitors.
6. Changed: The new tag window supports using a custom text color (add it to <TAGWINDOW> <Colors Text="FF00FF" />).

22.0.88 (3/24/2017)

1. Changed: Some DLNA tweaks.

22.0.87 (3/23/2017)

1. Changed: Added the right-click option to hide the zone you right-clicked on at the top of the show / hide zone menu.
2. Fixed: Customizing the File Info panel in Theater View was broken.

22.0.86 (3/23/2017)

1. Changed: Updates to Z, ModernCards Grey, Green Eyes, and Aruba (thanks Awesome Donkey!).

22.0.85 (3/22/2017)

1. NEW: The hierarchical subjects from Light Room are available in an image using Tag(XMP: HierarchicalSubject).
2. NEW: Added the sample rate of 88200 to the ASIO Line-in configuration.
3. Changed: Updates to Pearl Bailey, PixOS, Noire, and Noire Glass (thanks Awesome Donkey!).
4. Fixed: Audio Analysis would hang on files with an invalid playback range.

22.0.84 (3/20/2017)

1. NEW: Added Options > Images > Stop slideshow on manual changes to optionally keep a slideshow running during manual changes (defaults to on).
2. Fixed: Scrolling the Tag window with the mouse wheel when a large list was open would scroll the tag window too and stop editing.
3. Changed: Tweaked the ideal sizing for large edit controls in the new tag window so they're less likely to put the bottom control off the screen.
4. Changed: A little tweak for the ModernCards Dark skin (thanks Awesome Donkey).
5. Changed: Added the command "Tag Dump" to the add box for the new Tag window.
6. Fixed: MC failed to identify and map audio and video PIDs when playing a SAT>IP channel.
7. NEW: SAT>IP device support is taking shape.

22.0.83 (3/17/2017)

1. Changed: Updated the artwork in the ModernCards Dark skin for the new tag window (thanks Awesome Donkey).
2. NEW: Added rating to the Theater View On Screen Display (OSD).
3. Changed: The device name for television tuner profiles that include multiple devices is changed from "<first device name> etc." to "n Tuners (<first device name>, etc.)", where n is the number of devices in the profile.
4. Changed: Made pressing the play button on a remote resume a paused image slideshow from switching tracks manually, zooming, etc.

22.0.82 (3/15/2017)

1. Fixed: Television channel logos' transparency was not retained.
2. Fixed: A bug in parsing Sat>IP type channels.
3. Changed: Added a section for the new tag window to the Black on Black skin (thanks Marko).
4. Changed: Scrolling the new tag window will stop any open edits (instead of scrolling the edit off the screen!).
5. Changed: Added a section for the new tag window to ModernCards Dark Edition and ModernCards White Edition (thanks Awesome Donkey).
6. Changed: Added a new tag window section to the Purity skin (thanks Awesome Donkey).

22.0.81 (3/13/2017)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.25.
2. Fixed: In rare cases during large media imports, there could be a fatal error where a large number of dead-locked background threads get created that would prevent further thread creation.
3. NEW: Added a Mid-side decoder to Parametric Equalizer.
4. Changed: Made the new tag window save the expanded / collapsed state of groups between runs.
5. Fixed: New tag window fields could stay open for editing while choosing different files from the list.
6. Fixed: With large databases, a background audio analysis could appear to freeze Media Center.

22.0.80 (3/10/2017)

1. Changed: Made the resolution of the room correction speaker distances smaller (0.1 ft or 0.01 meters).
2. Changed: Made the up and down arrows reverse so that up increases volume or any other slider and down decreases.
3. Changed: Made calling /RestoreLibrary, /RestoreLibraryAndSettings, etc. not show a success message box.
4. Changed: Seeking in live TV and jtv recordings is more precise.
5. Changed: When video playing (including live TV) is in frame-stepping mode, LEFT arrow causes video to jump back 1 second, regardless what value it is set in video settings.
6. NEW: CTRL+SHIFT+ARROW (left or right) in video playing jumps to the next/previous key frame.  Works only with certain types of video (such as AVi, mp4, mkv).  Does not work with live TV or TV recordings.
7. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.24.

22.0.79 (3/8/2017)

1. Changed: Made importing an animated GIF file automatically play in the video engine.
2. NEW: Added the expression function UnMoveArticles(...) to move the articles back to the beginning of a string from the end.
3. Fixed: Removed zones could get readded (instead of recycled) and cause a memory leak.

22.0.78 (3/6/2017)

1. Changed: When cancelling the Customize View dialog, if no changes have been made, it will be instant (instead of reapplying the same settings).
2. Changed: Made the fill track numbers system show a dialog to ask for the start and increment.
3. NEW: Added the expression function MoveArticles(...) to take a string and move the leading article to the end.
4. Fixed: Switching the media type of a GIF to video wouldn't start it playing in the video engine.

22.0.77 (3/1/2017)

1. Fixed: CAF audio files containing non-PCM audio would fail to play if playback type was set to Automatic.
2. Changed: A small rearrangement in coding in an attempt to fix the problem of "Season" being wrong when loading EPG data from xmltv files.
3. Fixed: Television recording in transport stream format could be in very poor quality for some TV tuners since build 22.0.32.
4. Fixed: OpenSubtitles feature would not set the current subtitle for a video to the one selected if it was a "MicroDVD" format.
5. Changed: Expanded OpenSubtitles feature to support TV episodes with the season/episode format (e.g. "Series Name S01E04").
6. Changed: OpenSubtitles feature now downloads multiple subtitle file sets for multi-disc movies.  Downloaded files have the CD number at the end of the filename, e.g. "_CD1", "_CD2", etc.
7. NEW: Frame-by-frame forward stepping in video and television playback. SHIFT+Right Arrow.

22.0.76 (2/22/2017)

1. Fixed: The order of television subscription recording rule's channel list was not preserved when the rule was edited.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. Changed: The string <XMLFN... is no longer shown in the new tag window below images.
4. Changed: Increased the maximum subtitle shift allowed in the right-click menu to 5 seconds from 1 second (remember that the OSD choice to adjust the shift allows infinite adjustments).
5. NEW: Added support for PSD files that are RGB with 4 channels for the color.
6. Changed: Updated the Chromium Web Engine to the latest version.
7. Changed: Made zooming in or out of an image stop the slideshow.
8. Fixed: Facebook upload photos wasn't working because older API wasn't supported anymore.  MC now supports API v2.8.

22.0.75 (2/16/2017)

1. Fixed: Pressing the OK button to accept something didn't always work when running translated (made DSP presets unsaveable, etc.).
2. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.69 (various fixes and improved support for HDR video files).
3. NEW: Support for {\anX} alignment tags in SRT subtitles.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MusicHawk

Re: Media Center 22.0.97 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 10:21:52 am »

REQUEST, maybe: If an MC update is known to require a reboot, please state this in the change list so it can be done at a convenient time.

Or, if not specifically required by a particular MC update, what could have caused the update from .95 to .97 to have MC display a "Windows must be restarted" message? This almost never happens when updating MC, usually it's just a few clicks, a minute or two, and MC becomes latest-and-greatest. This time, perhaps MC vs. something was in an "odd" state, though nothing unusual was going on that I know of. It was a very inconvenient time to reboot, so I'm curious...
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:25:29 am »

MC itself typically does not require reboots to install or update. It can however happen if some part of MC is still in use for some reason, and the file can't be replaced.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 10:46:51 am »

1. Changed: Added RTF to the list of extensions the View Extras menu searches for.

The RTF files I have are definitely now appearing within the View Extras menu (MC itself, Windows 10).

However, selecting one of the files, nothing happens.  I have (in Windows explorer) Wordpad set up as the default application for opening RTF files.  I would have expected JRiver to end up launching that.

Is there something else I need to configure (within JRiver's options)?

Thanks,
  Matt

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 10:53:46 am »

The RTF files I have are definitely now appearing within the View Extras menu (MC itself, Windows 10).

However, selecting one of the files, nothing happens.  I have (in Windows explorer) Wordpad set up as the default application for opening RTF files.  I would have expected JRiver to end up launching that.

You're right.  I did half the work, but not the other half!

Coming next build:
Fixed: RTF files in the View Extras menu weren't opening.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 10:56:16 am »

You're right.  I did half the work, but not the other half!

Coming next build:
Fixed: RTF files in the View Extras menu weren't opening.

Ah, great!

Thanks again,
  Matt

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 01:11:26 pm »

Can't really point my finger to it, I think it started happening at about .85ish version, but now MC window steals focus when getting to the next track. Anybody else has that problem?

georgem29

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 12:42:17 pm »

Can't really point my finger to it, I think it started happening at about .85ish version, but now MC window steals focus when getting to the next track. Anybody else has that problem?

Yes, that happened to me when they updated the Chromium browser engine. I had to switch to Internet Explorer, which has its own issues.

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 12:57:39 pm »

That was right on! Thx man!  :)
Hope it's looked into and fixed, for the time being, I've just switched engines.

Yes, that happened to me when they updated the Chromium browser engine. I had to switch to Internet Explorer, which has its own issues.

MusicHawk

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 05:05:09 pm »

A view does not update reliably, it used to, what changed? Details:

I have a custom field Artists, a list-type field that contains the various performers/artists of a particular music track. I've used this field for many years and versions, works great.

The corresponding Artists view simply uses the Artists field, top level a single level grouping (A, B, C, etc), then Artist field values in alpha order. Again, used it for many years, works great.

What is NOT great is that this view only randomly updates when I add/change values in Artists field. Mainly I see this problem when I add a new album. Usually I already have other tracks by this performer, so I select the existing name in the Artists field list. No problem. BUT, when I then look at that performer's name in the Artists view, I do not see the new tracks. Why not? They used to appear, almost immediately, because MC promptly updated the view.

But now, the view almost never updates promptly, and sometimes not for many, many, many minutes. I have not found a way to force it to update. F5 does nothing. Moving to other names in Artists view, then back to the one I need, does nothing. The only two solutions are, wait and wait and wait, or restart MC.

The problem arose some months ago, perhaps with MC22, or maybe even MC21. Something changed. One guess, to improve performance perhaps MC doesn't update views/indexes immediately, but on a periodic schedule? This could be a nice thing with some views, but I'd love to be able to specify which views are "hot" and which are not. Or is there another explanation and solution?
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Don W

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 03:04:01 pm »

In theater view, when music is playing but not viewing display view, display view steals focus when the track changes and any one of the "track info" visualizations is active. Track change can be manual or automatic. Its easy to see if, while in the Info panel, you hit the next button to make the track change. You can then see the OSD display reacting to the directional keys, while navigation in theater view is broken. This makes the track info feature unusable in theater view.

Windows 10.

I reported this bug in the thread for the last release but got no feedback on it and it wasn't fixed. Please let me know if I'm the only one seeing this.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 06:07:21 am »

In theater view, when music is playing but not viewing display view, display view steals focus when the track changes and any one of the "track info" visualizations is active. Track change can be manual or automatic. Its easy to see if, while in the Info panel, you hit the next button to make the track change. You can then see the OSD display reacting to the directional keys, while navigation in theater view is broken. This makes the track info feature unusable in theater view.

Windows 10.

I reported this bug in the thread for the last release but got no feedback on it and it wasn't fixed. Please let me know if I'm the only one seeing this.

Coming next build:
Fixed: Track Info visualizations could steal the focus on track changes.

Thanks for the report.

monkman

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 06:43:15 am »

v22.0.97 doesn't allow for a radio stream to function for more than a few minutes.  After that it starts to 'stutter' and crashes..
Pages: [1]   Go Up