INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with DSP Studio (JRSS Subwoofer)  (Read 1528 times)

sharok

• Recent member
Need help with DSP Studio (JRSS Subwoofer)
« on: April 11, 2017, 10:59:53 am »

I'd like to get 2 channel out of JRiver (the source is 2 channel also) without any changes so my processor can add bass management to the JRiver output.

What should I do with the subwoofer (JRSS) in the DSP studio page? By default it says crossover at 120 Hz. How can I disable it so no crossover will be done to the signal in JRiver?

Does it even do anything at the default setting?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Need help with DSP Studio (JRSS Subwoofer)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 11:04:20 am »

The subwoofer section only applies if you actually have a subwoofer.  With a 2.0 output, you don't need to worry about it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sharok

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 11:07:38 am »

Hi Matt,
I have a physical sub, but I just wanted to do the bass management in my processor.
But I think you mean if the input signal coming from my PC is 2.1 by having a sub which is not. It is just a CD style (2.0).

So I just leave it alone.

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 05:15:26 pm »

The question is not if you have a physical sub but if the output you are using in JRiver knows of this sub. If Channels Settings in the Output Format tab of the DSP Studio is set to 2 Channels, which would be the recommended solution in your case, you don't have to worry. Otherwise, just set the Subwoofer setting to Silent, which means no bassmanagement is done by JRiver JRSS mixing algorithm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up