INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with 2 displays with different resolutions  (Read 1484 times)

soli

• Recent member
Problem with 2 displays with different resolutions
« on: April 11, 2017, 08:51:19 pm »

Hi,
I believe I have trivial problem but after reading the forum couldn't find an answer.

My setup consist of an HTPC/win 10 pro/GTX770 connect via DVI to a 1080p monitor (primary display) and via HDMI to a 4K TV (secondary display).
The displays are in extended mode and I get 2160p desktop on the TV and 1080p desktop on the monitor.
Video mode is ROHQ
So far so good...

Now when I try to play a 4k video on the TV for some reason I get a video scaled to 1080p (as per Madvr control+J stats).
All I want to do is play 4k videos natively and do some upscaling on the 1080p material.

I tried setting the video>display settings to 2160p for the different fps but that resolution is not presented it only shows the monitor (primary display) resolutions...
I also set full screen to switch to monitor:display#2 but the resolution presented go up to 1080p no 4k....(options>tree&view>full screen>monitor:display#2)
I also tried to set the display modes in madvr to 2160p24, 2160p60

I ran out of ideas any help much appreciated!!
tks

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with 2 displays with different resolutions
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 03:30:28 am »

I hope someone has an answer for you on this as I too have been trying to use two displays with different resolutions. One accepts 4K the other just 1080p. I bought a Linker to downscale the 4K to the 1080p display and it works but now I have sync issues...
Pages: [1]   Go Up