INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound quality  (Read 1628 times)

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
Sound quality
« on: April 10, 2017, 01:50:52 pm »

I thought it was me, but at first when installing .95 I noticed some sort of tonality change in the sound, like some added clarity, something like that. After installing .97 this change seems to have gone back to where it was before. I tried several times .95 back, then .97 again, the latter feels "darker" in some way. Both sound good, but a bit different.
Was that supposed to happen ?
Using asio on a motu 1248, simple express update as usual, nothing else touched.

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Sound quality
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 01:41:56 pm »

I thought it was me, but at first when installing .95 I noticed some sort of tonality change in the sound, like some added clarity, something like that. After installing .97 this change seems to have gone back to where it was before. I tried several times .95 back, then .97 again, the latter feels "darker" in some way. Both sound good, but a bit different.
Was that supposed to happen ?
Using asio on a motu 1248, simple express update as usual, nothing else touched.
After more tests, this only happens in DLNA mode (with bubble server + kazoo), not when files are played locally by the server, in that case all versions sound exactly the same.
I can work around this, except for qobuz, dlna is my only acceptable way to get it to work with jriver.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 06:21:02 pm »

Check the conversion settings for the DLNA Server.

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 12:40:38 am »

Nothing converted, this was only by upgrading/downgrading the software, and playing the same song over and over in DLNA.
FWIW, JRiver is used as a server and renderer, setup to convert nothing, bubble upnp server activates openhome extension on the jriver dlna renderer (setup to not transcode anything too), and linn kazoo is used as control point (at least was, until I switched to tremote mode).
Pages: [1]   Go Up