INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: for HiFi: OPPO BDP-105D, Cambridge Audio CXU, Panasonic DMP-UB900 or JRiver?  (Read 2655 times)

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen

Hi,

I would like to set up a home cinema hi-fi. I'm going to spend a lot of money on it.

I am currently testing before making a decision.

I've tried playing a fullHD MKV/AVC movie from JRiver and I've connected the PC to the TV via hdmi. I have set the PC resolution to 4K with single screen.

The result has been that it looks worse from JRiver than from the own integrated TV player (App of philips).
How is it possible? Does J River need any special settings? Do I need to change my graphics card?

I would like use J river for my MC but I don't know how improve the quality of playing videos in JRiver player. Is it necessary any filter? or any render? Is image calibration on windows required? Is the better image-quality option use JRiver like stream video station and play from TV?

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

If you're playing by using DLNA / UPnP, then the file may be converted.  Check the conversion settings for the DLNA Server in Tools > Media Network

ferday

• MC Beta Team

Are you using ROHQ? 

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen

If you're playing by using DLNA / UPnP, then the file may be converted.  Check the conversion settings for the DLNA Server in Tools > Media Network

Actually I only connect my pc with hdmi to my tv and press play in J river.
I have not yet tested playback using DLNA. The conversion settings good what are? video format H.264-TS 1080p?

Are you using ROHQ?

I use the render RO standard for now.

What is the best option? RO-HQ? or playback using DLNA?

If I change my graphics card, will I get more video quality when playing on TV via hdmi?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Actually I only connect my pc with hdmi to my tv and press play in J river.
It's JRiver, please.
Pages: [1]   Go Up