INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie to JRiver, need some guidance  (Read 1319 times)

aldiallo

Newbie to JRiver, need some guidance
« on: April 14, 2017, 04:17:20 pm »

Hi all,

I'm completely new to JRiver and from all the good things I've heard about it I decided to give it a try and why not adopt it.

I'm currently using Itunes in conjunction with a Synology Nas running Itunes server to share the music across the house, this NAS also stores my DVD, BR and TV shows.

I've just installed JRiver today and it looks like it's not picking up all of my media files. I can only see about 15 Albums whereas my collection has over 300, same thing for the movies and TV shows, they're not showing up.

I've indicated to JRiver where to find the ITunes library as well as the movies, tv shows and photos files, only the photos seem to be pick up completely.

Am I missing something in the setup?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PS: concerning the movies and TV shows, please note that until now they've been managed by the Mymovies software and I'haven't had any issues with it since I started using it a couple of years back.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Newbie to JRiver, need some guidance
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 04:50:38 pm »

You may just need to set up auto import settings so the NAS is included.  You could read about importing files here:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Getting_Started

Welcome to the forum.

aldiallo

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 03:51:44 am »

Thank you.

aldiallo

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 07:53:53 am »

Additional question, is there any way for JRiver to use the metadata from MyMovies?

I found the below old post in the wiki but as I'm under Mac OS X it looks like I don't have the same options.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MyMovies

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up