INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: newbie loads of questions, here are the first 3  (Read 2561 times)

johnnie

• Recent member
newbie loads of questions, here are the first 3
« on: April 16, 2017, 04:05:30 pm »

hello forum
i have for years been using musicbee with no real problems and i liked the interface, customization etc. however i have recently bought a new music system which includes a high end streamer. Musicbee has not been developed for DLNA (it exists as a plug in but is very flaky, and does not stream flac files). So here I am trialing JRiver which so far looks very promising. Here's my first 3 questions.
 1. have set up a view that I like but when I shut down and start again I can't get the last view to appear. It seems to be to do with the RH panes that I have "playing now" set. It keeps reverting back to the start tab.
2. In the pane with the album art and track listing there is a nice summary at the top with artist, album and date. In the columns there is bitrate, file type, etc for every track. Is there any way to remove these columns ( there is no need to display this info for every track in an album, it makes things cluttered). So can I remove these columns and put the info in the summary at the top of each album?
3. When I clicked tag on an album the tag pane replaced the tree pane on the right. Is there a way of getting the tag window floating so it can be cancelled easily and doesn't interfere with the basic layout.
A lot of queries I know but I am really up for this prog but am on the trial period to time is running.
Thankyou 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: newbie loads of questions, here are the first 3
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 04:53:41 pm »

1.  Do the customization on the server.

2.  Right click on any view to customize it.  Or right click on the title bar to add or remove tags.

johnnie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 05:40:11 pm »

I was hoping for a little more detail!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 07:15:58 pm »

Did you try?  What happened?

rec head

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 07:59:10 pm »

I think what Jim means is to do all your customizations on the computer that is acting as a server.

To remove the columns you don't want to see just right click them at the top. Then you can change what they display or get rid of them.

I hope that is more clear. Sometimes the help here assumes that you already know more than you do.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 04:20:57 am »

1. Tools>options>startup>location

2. Views are incredibly customisable, you need to provide much more detail about what you are trying to achieve

3.  The tag window will not float.  Play with View>Split View and you'll be able to get some cool views that approximate what you are looking for.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 05:39:47 am »

you can set up tabs for a quick look at your favorite views..I have a (true) CD Count, Panes, Recent Albums, a couple of my favorite Playlists, Music Video....bla bla bla....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

johnnie

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 04:03:22 pm »

in attachments this is a pic of my music bee screen. you can see the bottom left pane with the artwork layout. Tracks are listed for each album but info like bitrate, filetype etc is not listed next to every track but shown in a summary next to the album. a nice clean look overall i hope you will agree, can jriver do this?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 05:32:15 pm »

I wouldn't call that a clean look.  Your choices are:

1.  Accept that JRiver Media Center is a different player and try to adapt to it.

2.  Learn how to customize views in JRiver.

3.  Return to musicbee.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 06:49:48 pm »

You can add bitrate, filetype, or whatever field you want under album thumbnails.
Something you can try:
A Pane view with 'List Style' set to 'details', then group by a custom field that shows what you want to see.
Just use fields that will will be common to albums so you don't break them up.

Try split view. Note that you can lock them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up