INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Translating Room Correction to Parametric EQ - help needed  (Read 1426 times)

ppataki

• World Citizen
Translating Room Correction to Parametric EQ - help needed
« on: April 21, 2017, 04:35:06 am »

Hello,

I would like to use Room Correction to set up my crossovers for my subwoofer (I have a 2.1 system) but there are values that are not available in Room Correction so I was wondering if I could "mimic" Room Correction with Parametric EQ, however I am not sure how to do that

I would like to use 50Hz crossover frequency with 48dB/octave slopes both for high-pass and low-pass (and this is not possible with Room Correction)
Can anybody help?
Thank you in advance

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Translating Room Correction to Parametric EQ - help needed
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 01:46:50 pm »

I use the filter chain from the attached screenshot.
The first two entries are instances of "Mix channels", with Mode set to "Copy" and "Add". They mix the left and right channel on a "helper channel". The negative gain is used to prevent clipping. Note that if the subwoofer channel has content before this, the sub should also be adjusted by -3dB ("Adjust the Volume").
There are two stacked High- and Low-Passes, because MC uses Butterworth filter and I prefer Linkwitz-Riley. By using two 24dB/oct butterworth filters in serial you get a 48db/oct linkwitz riley filter. Of course you have to set the Frequency to 50Hz in your case.
In the last step the helper channel is added to the subwoofer.

ppataki

• World Citizen
Re: Translating Room Correction to Parametric EQ - help needed
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 03:47:58 pm »

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed!! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up