INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues on Id NUC 5 with sampling rates via optical  (Read 1511 times)

czrtly

• Recent member
Issues on Id NUC 5 with sampling rates via optical
« on: April 21, 2017, 01:45:20 pm »

Hi, recently changed my NUC from USB connection to the DAC to optical, I have a Bifrost Multibit DAC. When changing from one record with a sampling of either 44.1, 88.2, 96 or 196 to another record with 176 JRiver crashes, then downsamples to 96 for everything above 96 kHz... If I play the offending record it plays fine even at 176 kHz, but once I play another record in whatever sample rate the same thing happens, jriver crashes and samples 176 and 196 to 96. I don't have any issues with 196 files, neither I had them with the USB connection. I just read the other thread on SACD's not playing and it kind of sound like whats going on here... Any ideas?

best regards,

Antonio Rivas

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Issues on ID NUC 5 with sampling rates via optical
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:13:39 pm »

Hi, recently changed my NUC from USB connection to the DAC to optical, I have a Bifrost Multibit DAC. When changing from one record with a sampling of either 44.1, 88.2, 96 or 196 to another record with 176 JRiver crashes, then downsamples to 96 for everything above 96 kHz... If I play the offending record it plays fine even at 176 kHz, but once I play another record in whatever sample rate the same thing happens, jriver crashes and samples 176 and 196 to 96. I don't have any issues with 196 files, neither I had them with the USB connection. I just read the other thread on SACD's not playing and it kind of sound like whats going on here... Any ideas?

best regards,

Antonio Rivas
First thing I'd do is turn off the "auto config output settings on playback failure" in the Audio Advanced options. Then when things play (or not) you can get a clearer view of what's going on.
Some people have found that the external DAC's powered by the optical connector can't handle all of the possible sample rates.
Also, the optical output is only capable of certain sample rates as well. If you hit function 10 on the main menu you can see these.
For the built in digital output it's
44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 192000 Hz
So you need to set DSP studio to resample rates that aren't above to a rate supported by the optical output AND the DAC input.
I generally use the evenly divided rates so I'd set 176400 to 88200 for example.

czrtly

• Recent member
Re: Issues on ID NUC 5 with sampling rates via optical
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 02:45:15 pm »

Thanks Bob, that should solve it, didn't knew that the Id didn't support 176.4, no biggy though, just a few of those and that means I can buy downloads at a lower price.

best regards,

Antonio Rivas
Pages: [1]   Go Up