INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with "Customise Views" when streaming video to TV over DLNA  (Read 893 times)

daemon4001

Hello everyone,

I've spent the morning trying to change the way my Samsung Smart TV views the folders of video content when streaming via DLNA. I've come across the "customise views" option within Options>Media Network>Add or Configure DLNA Servers and think that is the solution to my problem but can't get it to display what I want.

I was previously using Serviio which doesn't seem to work since a Windows update this week and was already using JRiver for audio so am now switching over entirely. With Serviio, when connecting via DLNA, I had two folders visible and I'd like to replicate them with JRiver. The most important one showed the last video files imported into the software as thumbnails which were then playable simply by clicking. No matter what I try, all I can see are folders within folders (a tree) as opposed to going directly to the thumbnails/video files.

I know this must be possible as when I go into the default "Movies" folder provided by JRiver, it displays all the movies as thumbnails, organised by name. I want the same but all video files (not just movies) and organised by date imported. Then I'd also want a folder showing my root video folder on my computer (e.g. C:\Users...\Downloads) which would display both the folders and loose files - I've managed this but without the loose files which on Serviio appeared as thumbnails)

I couldn't find how to do this anywhere on the forum - though this page would have helped if I was only setting up audio - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70195.0

I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing but if there's any guide for how to do it or you can give me some tips, I'd be very grateful!
Pages: [1]   Go Up