INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intepretation of Dynamic Range (DR) and Dynamic Range (R128) in JRemote  (Read 2200 times)

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck

Since some weeks I use R128 in JRiver. Under the (i)-circle on JRemote it now shows two DR values as in the title of this topic.

The DR could say (examples) 12 and DR (R128) could say 16. But it could also be the other way around, that DR (R128) has a lower value than the DR. As I understand this it means that the dynamic range can be lower with R128. At the same time my understanding R128, it should improve dynamic... It seems that my understanding is not clear on this subject.

I should appreciate if you could explain how to do the intepretation of the both values and why DR (R128) can be lower than DR?

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

Neither of those numbers change the way the music sounds.  THey do not change the dynamic range.  They only report on it.  If you are using Volume Leveling, then MC will change the Volume of each song based on the R128 DR value.  But the Dynamic Range will NOT BE CHANGED.

So it's largely an academic question.  These numbers mean nothing to you if you are just listening to the music and not using night mode.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up