INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View OSD with Retina Mode Font WAY too big  (Read 2165 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View OSD with Retina Mode Font WAY too big
« on: April 26, 2017, 04:43:57 pm »

Hi,

I've recently purchased a Retina Mac, specifically an iMac with a 5k display.  If Retina mode is OFF, things look a little weird:  Icons are too big relative to the columns and things.  I guess it's the reason you guys have a Retina mode to begin with.  But, with Retina mode off, the OSD in Theater View is normal.  You can see all of the text that it brings up.  Unfortunately, Retina OFF also makes Theater View do weird stuff and makes it unusable.

So Retina Mode must be ON to give a good view in Standard View *and* to be able to use Theater View.  Unfortunately, Retina Mode has the side effect of making the fonts in the OSD *Enormous*.  Some much so that you can only see about 4 characters of any given part of the OSD.  "Playing Now", just shows up as "Playin".  To be clear, I'm talking about the OSD overlay that comes up when you press the UP arrow.

Thanks for reading.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater View OSD with Retina Mode Font WAY too big
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 05:22:55 pm »

Theater View has some settings options you could try.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 05:58:32 pm »

I should have been more clear actually.  This actually occurs in the OSD anywhere it's shown.  It occurs in Display View, Theater View, and Standard View.  You pretty much never see the OSD in Standard View, but I have a keyboard shortcut that activates it, so I've tested it in Standard View, as well as the others and the ultra large font size appears there too.  All OSD displays seem to have the same font size.

I can't find a way to adjust that in the menus.  I'm guessing it's not adjustable directly.

Brian.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 06:05:17 pm »

The overlay is part of Display View, not Theater View. Wonder how that behaves on High-DPI setups on windows.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 06:28:26 pm »

Hendrick you obviously know SO MUCH more about the structure of MC than I do.  But I can bring up the OSD in Display View and Standard View.  You're right; I mis-spoke about Theater View.  I think of the OSD being part of Theater View because when I play a Video from there, it takes me to Display View automatically, where the OSD is then affected.

I don't have MC on any windows machines right now, but I did buy a Master License for MC23 recently, so there's a tiny possibility I'll be using MC on Windows in the future.

Thanks for looking at this.

Brian.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 08:11:32 am »

This should hopefully be resolved in a future build. Let me know if its still causing problems.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 09:47:28 am »

Well, wow!  Thank you very much.  I look forward to testing the new build when it comes out.

Take care,

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up