INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi screen support  (Read 2012 times)

johnb263

• Recent member
Multi screen support
« on: April 28, 2017, 10:38:05 am »

Hi, I'm running Media Center on Windows10, latest versions for both. I've had a problem for some time now with using mulitple monitors.
I have 3 monitors - a 4K, HDTV and regular computer monitor. Windows ID them as 1,2,3 in the order I mentioned. I have the order of display set up as 1,3,2 in Windows. There is no way to assign the display ID's in windows that I could find.

I run MC maximized on 1, detach the display and want it on 2 (HDTV), either maximized or border-less windowed. The HDTV is powered down when the PC is not used, and I close MC when I'm not around. The PC is left powered on 24/7. I'm using Red October HQ. Graphics is Radeon R480. I have no problems with other software using multiple display setups (photoshop, vegas pro, lightroom, capture one, VLC, etc.etc)

Assuming it's true that MC should remember what display it was using (and it did before), for some time now, MC seems to get confused. When I start MC, it will open the main screen on display 2 instead of 1. I will move it to 1, start a video (recorded TV in jtv format), detach the display and it will show on display 1, overlaying the main screen. I'll window it, move it to display 2, double click it and it will again maximize on display 1. I will go through the whole thing again, stretch it to display 2's size, make it border less and it will disappear completely.

The only way out of this is to kill all mc processes, (interrupting recordings), as well as Mad Home Cinema, restart MC and hope it will work. Sometimes it does, sometimes not.

I've played around with enabling / disabling hardware acceleration, without any luck.

Any thoughts? It's super annoying and becoming a deal breaker...

Castius

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multi screen support
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 10:04:42 pm »

Are you on the same version of JMC? If not have you tried rolling back versions until it works?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 03:35:48 am »

In the settings under Tree & View -> Full Screen you can set the fullscreen monitor thats being used by display view and other fullscreen options.
However, that option seems to have broken some time ago (its a checkbox instead of a monitor list for some reason), but when I make sure the checkbox is unchecked it seems to remember the last screen I placed it on manually.

I've also fixed the option for the next build to properly show the monitor selection again.

The main MC window seems to remember just fine as well, but I'm not quite sure that we do the remembering or if Windows does that for us.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 12:23:21 pm »

In the settings under Tree & View -> Full Screen you can set the fullscreen monitor thats being used by display view and other fullscreen options.
However, that option seems to have broken some time ago (its a checkbox instead of a monitor list for some reason), but when I make sure the checkbox is unchecked it seems to remember the last screen I placed it on manually.

I've also fixed the option for the next build to properly show the monitor selection again.

The main MC window seems to remember just fine as well, but I'm not quite sure that we do the remembering or if Windows does that for us.

Thanks, Hendrik. I was going nuts trying to find the option, and convincing myself that it used to exist.

johnb263

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 07:03:51 pm »

OK Thanks - I had it checked. It seems to behave differently now - I'll report back on MC's average temperament after a couple of weeks use (if it's still unstable/ broken).
Pages: [1]   Go Up