INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird Cover Art Display Issue in Playing Now Window  (Read 2010 times)

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
Weird Cover Art Display Issue in Playing Now Window
« on: April 28, 2017, 08:32:14 pm »

I recently added a cover art image to one album's worth of songs. I'm not sure what may have happened, but now that image is now often displayed for a whole range of other songs in place of the correct cover art image. I have found that a song displaying the incorrect image does display the correct image in the metadata panel and can be made to show the correct image by a variety of methods. JRemote mirrors the incorrect image display. I've been using MC for years and never seen this before. At first I thought I mistakenly copied the image to thousands of files, but that def did not happen. What gives?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Weird Cover Art Display Issue in Playing Now Window
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 10:18:48 am »

You might have a thumbnail cache problem.  I'd rebuild all of your thumbnails.  It might take a while, but it shouldn't be too bad unless you have a really large collection.

Highlight some files > right click > cover art > rebuild thumbnail

Maybe try this on a handful of albums first to see what happens.

Brian.

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 08:35:55 pm »

Hi bigentry, Thanks for helping out. I tried the thumbnail rebuild and it did not really work. It seemed to work once and then a second time not at all. Then I saw more weird behavior with this one image showing up in places it did not belong. I restarted the server and since then I have not noticed the problem again. It's only been a few hours, so fingers crossed.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 09:30:23 pm »

You might have a thumbnail cache problem.  I'd rebuild all of your thumbnails.  It might take a while, but it shouldn't be too bad unless you have a really large collection.

Highlight some files > right click > cover art > rebuild thumbnail

Maybe try this on a handful of albums first to see what happens.

Brian.

Is this something you would recommend as a general maintenance item for your files or isn't it necessary if you don't believe you have any issues with your cover art?
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 07:09:25 am »

^ I'm no expert on this.  I've never had to rebuild all of my thumbnails, except when switching computers or upgrading versions.  I don't think it's a necessary maintenance task.  I was just suggesting it based on the OP's original report.

Brian.

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 08:19:34 pm »

Update on this thread I started. My issue is not resolved. I now see that the incorrect image is displayed in the image window of the metadata panel. If I choose to rebuild the thumbnail of that image, the metadata panel image replaces the image that should be displayed for that file. It's confusing. The 'incorrect' image is ALWAYS the same one. I don't know how this image got into the system like this, but I added it to an album of songs last week, and shortly afterward began to notice this issue.

I have to say that every time I have an issue with MC it seems that it's a challenge to even articulate what the problem is. It's really frustrating. I seem to lack enough precision to prevent the developers from simply dismissing the issue, because I rarely, if ever, get any response from anyone other than some kind fellow user taking a few minutes to try and help out.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 09:49:02 pm »

Are you using MC in a client / server mode?

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 08:40:53 am »

Hi Jim, Thank you very much for following up! Even though I've been using MC for several years, I am still relatively ignorant and am not certain what client / server mode actually means. I think the answer to the question is no, but I'm not absolutely certain. Here's how I have it set up....

I have a Mac Mini set up with MC and it streams the music to an Airport Express, which has the audio out plugged into an amplifier feeding the house system. I control MC three ways. One, I connect via Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) to the Mini and control MC that way. Two, I control it using JRemote (only on the LAN since I have not been able to get this to work over the internet... another issue). Third, on occasion, I work on the Mini directly when I need to do something that doesn't work via ARD.

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 05:38:27 pm »

Chris,

It's hard to say what's going on.  As you said, it's sometimes hard to use words to describe a detailed issue.  Please post one or more screen shots that show your problem.  That would probably really help.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up