INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Response  (Read 1714 times)

Cryptographer

• Recent member
No Response
« on: April 29, 2017, 02:56:13 am »

It is a hard decision whether to upgrade or again search for an alternative.

For MC22 your plans were (among others):
Metadata retrieval in the appropriate language when possible.
More than three months ago I asked if there is anything new.
/interact/index.php/topic,108919.msg754203.html
No response.

Regarding View Extras I asked whether supporting artwork.zip would be possible.
/interact/index.php/topic,106819.msg761378.html#msg761378
No response.

Six weeks ago I asked how to get rid of crappy names in the PEAK LEVEL tags,
L,R,C,LFE,SL,SR instead of  Links,Rechts,Zentr.,Subwf.,SurLi.,SurRe.
/interact/index.php/topic,109709.msg758828.htm
Funny response: Disable tag writing!

Three weeks ago I asked whether it might be possible to receive IPTV channels.
(At least here in Germany there are roundabout 4 million IPTV subscribers + lots of provider-independent free IPTV channels.)
/interact/index.php/topic,110103.msg761418.html
No response.

Please, give me a good reason why to upgrade to MC23.
Or do I have to make a bigger donation first to get a response at all?
Response?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No Response
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 05:59:37 am »

I hope you may understand that the universe of what people want is infinite and the resources of JRiver are finite.  We can't always do what you want.  We can't always do what we want.  But we try.

Some of what you're asking for is on our list.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 07:54:21 am »

Hi Cryptographer,  I feel your pain and I've been there and tried all sorts of things to get JRiver to work on stuff I want.  I've tried logic, demanding, begging even sending (I kid you not) bribes over the years including:
- Sample Blu-ray Disk (I'm not sure Matt has ever looked at the Eagles disk I sent)
- Muffins (these seemed to be appreciated)
- Sparkling Shiraz from Australia
- Gold Bullion (well it was small and while I got 20 answers.... it was unfortunately not to my questions)
- Box of Live Chickens (this was fun...well not so much for them)

I'm a slow learner, but the only advice I have is that that JRiver end up doing what they think makes sense, and in the time frame that works for them.  One day I'll get what I want ... or not.  I still make my case but I've long since worked out I'm just along for the ride.

If you want to try the bribe approach (but it has not worked for me!), their address is:
JRiver, Inc.
125 N First St
Minneapolis, MN 55401
USA

Get creative.  I know JimH loves getting random things in the mail.  ;D

JRiver CEO Elect

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 09:07:33 am »

jmone, LOL... you broke me up on this one. ;D

MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Cryptographer

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 11:55:06 am »

Sorry, that you got me misunderstood. I did never request for a new feature to be implemented. I always just asked if something might be possible, and when, or just not.

Regarding IPTV, you have already implemented SAT>IP. Can this, or any other feature already there, be used for the much more simple IPTV too? If not at all, are there any plans to implement it in the future? Just getting an answer about the current state would be helpful.

Regarding View Extras, getting a response like "No, we will not support image folders in artwork.zip" would have been helpful, because then I knew I would have to organize audio album images in a different way. (Though the theme has become obsolete for me after I realized that the View Extras are not auto shown up in the background in theater view. Was just a nice idea to view the album's artwork while listening it, but that does not seem to be the idea of View Extras.)

Regarding PEAK LEVEL tag translations: In Germany no one would call channels "Zentr., Subwf., SurLi., SurRe.". L,R,C,LFE,SL,SR are international (Switch between languages at https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/LFE).
It is either a translation bug or much more a fault to translate tagged data at all. (Same as GENTRE tags: these get never translated e.g. from Dance to Tanz.) To be honest, I did not report that to get the suggestion to disable tag writing. I did it to preserve your product from getting a freaky image.

Regarding localized metadata, my simple question was, if there is anything new. Which priority has it on the agenda? In an open source project I would have already done this by my own. So, my conclusion was, isn't it easier to revert to an open software when a closed software is not managed professionally?

Regarding Sparkling Shiraz, Gold Bullions or Live Chickens, customs unfortunately does not accept such gifts. And gifts are even limited to $100. Makes to really difficult to find something convincing.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 01:04:53 pm »

Regarding View Extras, getting a response like "No, we will not support image folders in artwork.zip" would have been helpful, because then I knew I would have to organize audio album images in a different way. (Though the theme has become obsolete for me after I realized that the View Extras are not auto shown up in the background in theater view. Was just a nice idea to view the album's artwork while listening it, but that does not seem to be the idea of View Extras.)

I implemented your idea today and replied in the View Extras thread.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up