INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync to SD Card  (Read 2140 times)

Racedog

• Junior Woodchuck
Sync to SD Card
« on: April 30, 2017, 12:47:12 pm »

I am trying to Sync music to a SD card using playlists. The music gets there fine, but some songs do not keep the album artwork. I have tried all ways of saving artwork, but any time I re-sync, the album covers disappear. Known bug, or am I doing something wrong?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Frustrasted with Sync!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 01:21:08 pm »

Have you selected "Cover Art: add to tags" in the handheld sync options?

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 04:37:50 pm »

And how are you determining if the art is present?  What player are you using?  As in, are you certain of it's abilities to properly (and predictably) show album art imagery?

Racedog

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 09:57:17 pm »

Have you selected "Cover Art: add to tags" in the handheld sync options?
Yes..I have tried everything that I can think of...spent several hours on this

Racedog

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 10:06:35 pm »

And how are you determining if the art is present?  What player are you using?  As in, are you certain of it's abilities to properly (and predictably) show album art imagery?
Shows initially when it is synced within JRiver (most of them time, but not always), but when I re-sync another song, the art disappears. I can add them in again (and also add them to songs that do not get them initially), but these again disappear when I sync another song. When I initially put these on the SD card and then play them in my car, the artwork shows up, but once I resync they no longer show.

I have added the folder.jpg to both the folder and to tags.

Racedog

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 10:16:30 pm »

I have even added the art via Media Monkey (artwork will show in JR and on my cars display)....after I re-sync, these images are removed as well.

The album art shows for all of my songs in all of my folders in my various Playlists (I have "best of" playlists for many artists) as well as with my standard library that I use in my home systems. I have tried saving the album art as a separate file and in the tags. I have it currently set for both.

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 10:54:26 pm »

Check that the Handheld Options for the sync 'device' aren't interfering with the images.  There's a checkbox for "Enable album artwork support if possible" and a drop-down for "Cover Art:Add to Tags"  There's also an Image conversion option.

Then use the file explorer to go look into the folders to make sure there's a folder.jpg being created.

That and does your car radio have internet connectivity?  If so, might it be attempting to get track info metadata online?  I know my Porsche can do this but I've not checked to see whether it 'works properly' or not, as I don't really care that much about the album art for this stuff. 

I prefer to avoid putting more on the microSD cards than necessary as there are limits on just how fast the car radio will process very large numbers of tracks.  I care about access to the sounds, not the pictures, thus I tend to strip the tracks down to the bare essentials.

Racedog

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Sync to SD Card
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 10:57:56 pm »

One thing I had not tried, but have done so now. I had tried rebooting my computer before my first post, but that did not do anything. I just tried Unplugging the computer to fully reboot the computer. (I have windows 10 and am using fast startup). I then had to remove the affected songs and then recheck sync. This seems to have fixed the problem. Hmmm, curious to why this would have this effect. (Maybe something to do with JR opening on startup??)

I hope this helps someone else not waste several hours. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up