INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Views  (Read 1434 times)

MRjr

• World Citizen
Library Views
« on: April 30, 2017, 09:02:38 pm »

I know this has been covered before but I want to emphasize that without an "or" condition when doing a
customize View -> Set rules for file display, the idea of customized views is essentially useless. Show me a programming language that supports "and" conditions and not "or" conditions and I will show you a dead language.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Views
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 09:11:30 pm »

There are clickable widgets on the sides of the search terms in the wizard box that allow an OR operation, or or you can add them manually using import/export.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 11:04:32 pm »

or you can add them manually using import/export
I always find this the easier option.

add them like so:
([Genre]=[Alternative],[Blues],[Folk] or [Sub Genre]=[Alternative],[Blues],[Folk])

There are clickable widgets on the sides of the search terms in the wizard box that allow an OR operation
These are invisible, but when you're over the target, the cursor becomes a 'clicky hand', as shown in the attached image.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 06:39:46 am »

Note that parenthesis are REQUIRED for an OR clause to work.  I'm not sure why, but MC will ignore an OR clause unless you put parenthesis around it. The other two posters here showed or said that, but I wanted to make it explicit:  Parenthesis are the key to making an OR work.

Good luck.

Brian.

MRjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 11:40:38 am »

Thank you all...
Pages: [1]   Go Up