INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 22.0.105 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 11225 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 22.0.105 for Windows -- Available here
« on: May 01, 2017, 06:37:29 am »

This is the latest version of MC22.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v22/latest/MediaCenter220105.exe

22.0.105 (4/24/2017)

1. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
2. Fixed: In image editor, the offsets and scrolling weren't right. Image had a weird offset within the display window and after zooming, user often could not scroll to the edge of the image.

22.0.104 (4/22/2017)

1. Changed: When the focus was on any report or list control, the space-bar key was not working as an accelerator for Play/Pause.  Now the only place it doesn't work is in the main tree view where it's used for expand/contract group items.
2. NEW: The television channels list on Manage TV Channels window now has two additional columns - "Channel #" and "Type".  Click any column header sorts the channels according to the column with exception of the first column, which is still a rolling sort column (cycling through "Custom", "by channel name not ignoring the channel number in the name", and "by channel name, ignoring the channel number in name").
3. Changed: Trying again to get printer settings saving.

22.0.103 (4/21/2017)

1. Changed: Television channel custom ordering method was changed.  This is an internal change.  There should be no user noticeable effect.
2. Changed: Added support for customizing the group colors in the new tag window.  Set: <TAGWINDOW><Colors Group="FF00FF" />.
3. Changed: Switched the edit used for searching in the new tag window to a "Search" style from a regular edit style.
4. Changed: On Manage TV Channels window, the television channels list window will not reset to Custom sorting each time some operation (such as grouping, adding or deleting channels) is performed.
5. Changed: When television channels are sorted according to parameters that put channels in large groups (such as Favorite status, Hidden status, or Tuner Type), channels within each group are sorted by channel names instead of leaving them unsorted.
6. Fixed: Image printing wouldn't reliably save and load printer settings on some systems.

22.0.102 (4/19/2017)

1. Changed: Setting the Repeat mode to stop after each item or to repeat the current item will be saved between program runs (previously it would switch to repeating the playlist in those modes).
2. Fixed: The new Action Window Tag page wouldn't always update properly on skin switches.

22.0.101 (4/19/2017)

1. Changed: Adjusted television time-shifting reader filter's logging so it uses the user configured logging verbosity.
2. Fixed: Track Info visualizations could steal the focus on track changes.
3. Fixed: Empty list-type fields wouldn't show in the new Tag Action Window.
4. Changed: List-type fields in the new Tag Action Window are capped at displaying 6 items.

22.0.100 (4/17/2017)

1. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
2. Changed: If "Year Movie was Released" is found in PercData data, it will be saved in Date field.
3. Changed: An option "If channel names include multiple parts separated by '-', use last part of the name" was added for Sat>IP TV channel scanning using server-provided channel list file.
4. Changed: When doing a Sat>IP channel scan with the "short name" option, channel names that begin with "Radio - " will keep the "Radio - " prefix.
5. Changed: Revised the Sat>IP channel to xmltv ID matching to reduce chances of mismatch.
6. Fixed: A user name in the View > User menu with slashes in it wouldn't work properly.
7. Changed: Made the display of a list style field in the new tag window show the list on multiple lines instead of all together with semi-colons.
8. Changed: Television is more robust against a rare race condition when picking tuners for tasks.
9. Fixed: Television did not work for some tuners (HDHomeRun ATSC or DVB tuners for example) since build 98.

22.0.99 (4/12/2017)

1. Changed: When updating television channel logos during EPG loading the image files are downloaded and saved locally instead of only keeping URL reference.
2. Fixed: TV Verbose logging was inadvertently turned on in PSI parser code.
3. Changed: Added a couple extra checks to Monkey's Audio to detect (and hopefully handle) corrupt files.
4. Changed: Pressing the "Back" button to return to Theater View now saves the bookmark.
5. Changed: Renamed "J. River TS Reader Filter" to "JRiver Time-Shifting Reader Filter", and "MJTSWriterFilter" to "JRiver Time-Shifting Writer Filter".

22.0.98 (4/10/2017)

1. Change: Added a television option "Use extra layer of buffer when recording in TS format", to make recently added buffering optional.  This is added in an attempt to fix a rare and inexplicable crash.  If you do not have problems, you can keep this option on.  If you have been having problems, try turning it off.
2. Fixed: The player wouldn't launch normally if you were running in server mode.
3. Fixed: RTF files in the View Extras menu weren't opening.

22.0.97 (4/7/2017)

1. Changed: Made the Send To menu no longer list hidden zones.
2. NEW: TV Channel and program icon URL will be automatically added to database if they are available in xmltv file.
3. Changed: Improved xmltv EPG data handling in general, and in particular with IceTV data.
4. Fixed: The OSD could display the same (wrong) image name all the time even as playback was advancing.
5. Changed: In the File Location Options dialog, a custom path can now be entered for images.

22.0.96 (4/3/2017)

1. Changed: Added RTF to the list of extensions the View Extras menu searches for.
2. NEW: Added Matroska transcoding, streaming and DLNA profiles.
3. Fixed: Picking the option "Ignore accents when sorting" wouldn't stick in an unchecked state between runs.
4. Changed: Searching for a letter range includes accents as well.

22.0.95 (3/31/2017)

1. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
2. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
3. Fixed: When Theater View would show a menu and then show a child menu when the child menu would go away the focus would shift back to the Theater View list instead of the menu.

22.0.94 (3/29/2017)

1. Changed: Improved Sat>IP channels' xmltv ID matching.
2. Changed: Upgraded LibRaw to 0.18.2
3. Changed: MC now supports KDC format raw image files from certain Kodak camera models.

22.0.93 (3/28/2017)

1. Fixed: In Gizmo and JRemote the playback duration would be wrong and the playback bar would be inaccurate.

22.0.92 (3/28/2017)

1. Changed: Made ignoring accents a sort option in Options > Tree & View > Sorting.
2. Fixed: The string "Always on Top" in one of the menus wasn't flagged for translation.
3. Fixed: The "Click for Tools" option in the new tag window wasn't using the new skin colors.

22.0.91 (3/28/2017)

1. Fixed: Sat>IP channels marked with "dvbs" modulation system could not be played on a tuner that was marked "dvbs2".
2. Fixed: Some more Sat>IP channel handling bugs related to modulation systems "dvbt/t2" and "dvbc/c2".
3. Fixed: The image portion of the new tag window wasn't using the updated text colors.
4. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
5. Fixed: Mouse wheel over a list style edit field in the new tag window would still sometimes close the editing.
6. Changed: A couple more skin updates from Awesome Donkey (thanks!).

22.0.90 (3/27/2017)

1. Changed: Updates for pretty much all the skins (thanks Awesome Donkey!).
2. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).

22.0.89 (3/27/2017)

1. NEW: Sat>IP channels can be scanned using server-provided channel list m3u file if available.
2. Fixed: For Sat>IP devices the tuner type drop list on "Configure Device" dialog window only contained one entry "Disabled", with "Sat>IP" missing from the list.
3. Fixed: SatIP channel manipulation bugs caused channels loaded from the server not playable.
4. Changed: Ingested some more skin updates from Awesome Donkey (thanks!).
5. Changed: Made the about box a bit wider because some of the text would cut off on certain monitors.
6. Changed: The new tag window supports using a custom text color (add it to <TAGWINDOW> <Colors Text="FF00FF" />).

22.0.88 (3/24/2017)

1. Changed: Some DLNA tweaks.

22.0.87 (3/23/2017)

1. Changed: Added the right-click option to hide the zone you right-clicked on at the top of the show / hide zone menu.
2. Fixed: Customizing the File Info panel in Theater View was broken.

22.0.86 (3/23/2017)

1. Changed: Updates to Z, ModernCards Grey, Green Eyes, and Aruba (thanks Awesome Donkey!).

22.0.85 (3/22/2017)

1. NEW: The hierarchical subjects from Light Room are available in an image using Tag(XMP: HierarchicalSubject).
2. NEW: Added the sample rate of 88200 to the ASIO Line-in configuration.
3. Changed: Updates to Pearl Bailey, PixOS, Noire, and Noire Glass (thanks Awesome Donkey!).
4. Fixed: Audio Analysis would hang on files with an invalid playback range.

22.0.84 (3/20/2017)

1. NEW: Added Options > Images > Stop slideshow on manual changes to optionally keep a slideshow running during manual changes (defaults to on).
2. Fixed: Scrolling the Tag window with the mouse wheel when a large list was open would scroll the tag window too and stop editing.
3. Changed: Tweaked the ideal sizing for large edit controls in the new tag window so they're less likely to put the bottom control off the screen.
4. Changed: A little tweak for the ModernCards Dark skin (thanks Awesome Donkey).
5. Changed: Added the command "Tag Dump" to the add box for the new Tag window.
6. Fixed: MC failed to identify and map audio and video PIDs when playing a SAT>IP channel.
7. NEW: SAT>IP device support is taking shape.

22.0.83 (3/17/2017)

1. Changed: Updated the artwork in the ModernCards Dark skin for the new tag window (thanks Awesome Donkey).
2. NEW: Added rating to the Theater View On Screen Display (OSD).
3. Changed: The device name for television tuner profiles that include multiple devices is changed from "<first device name> etc." to "n Tuners (<first device name>, etc.)", where n is the number of devices in the profile.
4. Changed: Made pressing the play button on a remote resume a paused image slideshow from switching tracks manually, zooming, etc.

22.0.82 (3/15/2017)

1. Fixed: Television channel logos' transparency was not retained.
2. Fixed: A bug in parsing Sat>IP type channels.
3. Changed: Added a section for the new tag window to the Black on Black skin (thanks Marko).
4. Changed: Scrolling the new tag window will stop any open edits (instead of scrolling the edit off the screen!).
5. Changed: Added a section for the new tag window to ModernCards Dark Edition and ModernCards White Edition (thanks Awesome Donkey).
6. Changed: Added a new tag window section to the Purity skin (thanks Awesome Donkey).

22.0.81 (3/13/2017)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.25.
2. Fixed: In rare cases during large media imports, there could be a fatal error where a large number of dead-locked background threads get created that would prevent further thread creation.
3. NEW: Added a Mid-side decoder to Parametric Equalizer.
4. Changed: Made the new tag window save the expanded / collapsed state of groups between runs.
5. Fixed: New tag window fields could stay open for editing while choosing different files from the list.
6. Fixed: With large databases, a background audio analysis could appear to freeze Media Center.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 22.0.105 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 09:22:12 am »

3. Fixed: RTF files in the View Extras menu weren't opening.

Working nicely.  Thank you!

Next on my wish list (every user always has a near-infinite wish list, don't they? ;) ) would be for JRemote to treat RTF files as Assets (such that they could be viewed, either in JRemote itself or via launching of an app that handles them, basically like PDF files).  This feature would be just slightly lower in priority (for me) than updating JRemote generally to make better use of available classical-music tags/meta-data.

Thanks again,
  Matt

tyler69

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 12:38:25 pm »

2. NEW: The television channels list on Manage TV Channels window now has two additional columns - "Channel #" and "Type".  Click any column header sorts the channels according to the column with exception of the first column, which is still a rolling sort column (cycling through "Custom", "by channel name not ignoring the channel number in the name", and "by channel name, ignoring the channel number in name").

It should be possible to double click in the channel cell (in the column on the left) in order to type in the channel (and all other values like channel name for that matter).
When channel number is set on the right side, it does not appear in the cell (on the left side). It does only after the window is closed and reopened.

MusicHawk

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 04:43:20 pm »

Small complaint: Once upon a time, when saving a list-type field, MC would alpha-sort the values. Now, it does not.

Seems inconsequential, but if two or more tracks have exactly the same set of values, but in different order, and they are compared by MC, it reports the field as Varies, AKA not equal. For instance, select multiple tracks that have a field with all the same values, but different order, and look at Tag window. The field will display as Varies.

Attempts to manually trigger resaving of a track does not trigger sorting of list field data, though this used to work. Even selecting two or more tracks, then editing a list field, therefore making all tracks have identical list items, does not put them into an identical (sorted) order. It used to.

Something has changed, or I'm overlooking something. It sure would be nice to have it back like it was.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 07:50:16 am »

I have several x265 video files and I finally figured out how to play them on my LG TV (3 years old), connected with Ethernet cable. In the DLNA configuration I changed the video mode to Specified output format only when necessary. so I can watch the HEVC x265 video files on my TV. The problem is that I CAN'T GO FAST FORWARD. When I press the ff button on the remote the video starts from the beginning...every time. I've tried every possible configuration but no solution. Any suggestions?
geoptin

Ando

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 06:58:49 am »

Mine just auto updated to the latest version 22.0.105 and now crashes every time I right click the mouse.
On any menu, any library, if I right click any file I get the windows error box "Media Center 22 has stopped working"

I can play files, navigate as normal but as soon as I right click...it's dead.

Was working perfectly right up to the last update, can I reverse that somehow? Please help.

Windows 7 pro 64 bit

Ando

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 06:49:05 am »

Well - sorry to see this is the level of support given to people who purchase jriver. The only support available seems to be directed to this forum and then to not receive any response after a number of days is really poor, I would have expected some monitoring of the latest release thread.

Am I posting in the wrong place, Is there a special forum I should be using?

Would rather now just have a refund for my defunct software.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 06:57:41 am »

You posted on a Saturday, and now its barely 7am on Monday at the JRiver offices. Everyone has their weekend.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 07:02:43 am »

I have several x265 video files and I finally figured out how to play them on my LG TV (3 years old), connected with Ethernet cable. In the DLNA configuration I changed the video mode to Specified output format only when necessary. so I can watch the HEVC x265 video files on my TV. The problem is that I CAN'T GO FAST FORWARD. When I press the ff button on the remote the video starts from the beginning...every time. I've tried every possible configuration but no solution. Any suggestions?

We offer both time-based and byte-based seeking over DLNA to TVs, if neither of those work with your TV I'm not sure if we can do anything to fix that.
To be able to use byte-based seeking with the most success, you should make sure to use one of the "MPEG2-TS" or "H264-TS" video formats in your DLNA configuration (right under the Specified output format... option).
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Ando

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 07:06:25 am »

You posted on a Saturday, and now its barely 7am on Monday at the JRiver offices. Everyone has their weekend.

Well excuse me for expecting a response but I would imagine that is the whole point of having a forum. If they want to offer support only during office hours then they should say so or just provide a phone number.

Never mind anyway, I just then uninstalled/reinstalled again before giving up for good and it is now working.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 12:44:45 pm »

Please be kind  ::)

This is a GREAT product with really good people behind it, they do the best they can under the circumstances.

Since the introduction of Windows 10 (& MS removing WMC from it) the amount of business for MC has really picked up as there is nothing else as good as MC out there.

I'm actually more then a little amazed at just how much on top of everything JR is under the circumstances  :o

Please be patient & give them another try, you will be rewarded with a wonderful product.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

wburkett

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 05:53:35 pm »

22.0.105 self-installed this morning and I am having a problem tabbing between tag fields.  Previous behavior: I changed a tag value, hit tab, the cursor moves to the next tag field in insert mode ready to enter the next value.  Current behavior: inconsistent; sometimes it will move to the next field, but most often it just behaves as if I'd hit the return key, i.e., the new tag value is accepted and there is no current insert point - I have to manually click into the next field with a mouse click in order to get back into insert mode.  It is definitely different than my experience with the previous version.

Bill

MusicHawk

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 10:00:10 pm »

I am having a problem tabbing between tag fields.

Same problem, frustrating to have lost the rhythm of smooth tabbing through fields. Inconsistent behavior requires paying very close attention to what actually happened, and too-often grabbing the mouse when it used to be do-able via keyboard.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

gappie

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 08:23:38 am »

1. Changed: Setting the Repeat mode to stop after each item or to repeat the current item will be saved between program runs (previously it would switch to repeating the playlist in those modes).
thank you for this. :) i stopped using that mode because it refused to stick.. so i dont know if this change introduced a small bug.
when mc is set to repeat current item, and one plays a track 1 time and switches to the next just after the repeat started, number plays gets added an extra play. :)

thanks as always.
 :)
gab

edit: i just thought i test someting.. its not only this mode. when it is set to repeat playing now, with just one item and playback is stopped after it satrted to play the same trck for the second time, then number plays gets an extra play.

wburkett

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2017, 03:36:22 pm »

Sooooo -- any feedback/response to the tag-tab problem?

sygnus21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 09:27:38 pm »

Mine just auto updated to the latest version 22.0.105 and now crashes every time I right click the mouse.
On any menu, any library, if I right click any file I get the windows error box "Media Center 22 has stopped working"

Same issue here, updated to 105 and now Media Center has become a crash fest - it's either "something went wrong", "Media Center has stopped responding", or files that play two minutes into a song and either quits or loops from the beginning to about that same two minutes over and over again. Uninstalled and reinstalled and no help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 09:37:13 pm »

Antivirus?
Pages: [1]   Go Up