INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I set JRiver to repeat the whole playlist and not just a single track  (Read 2462 times)

sharok

• Recent member

How can I set JRiver to repeat the whole playlist and not just a single track?
When I use "Repeat", it does not repeat the whole playlist.
Is there a way to set the JRiver to repeat the whole playlist?

Another question:
The play list stops playing a new track when I add the track while the play list is being used.
Is there a way to add new tracks while the play list is in use and for the play list to recognize those tracks and keep playing?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Click the repeat icon next to the playback bar and select "repeat playing now" instead of "repeat current item." If this still doesn't fix it then you've likely changed the default behavior in Options>General>Behavior>Double-click. Set it to "Replace Playing Now (all)."

I'm not certain about your second question. As far as I know the playlist has to be readded (by double clicking an item in it) to Playing Now for it to update. It might be possible through MC core commands. You will want to create a trigger to "Add to playlist" and "Add to playing now" simultaneously. However, this might get tricky if you are adding files to a non-currently playing playlist.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Is there a way to add new tracks while the play list is in use and for the play list to recognize those tracks and keep playing?

While Bryan is correct in how you might do exactly what you asked, I think the simple answer is you add whatever you want to add to a Playlist you are using by adding it to "Playing Now", in any position you want the new track to be inserted. i.e. As next to play, beginning, end, shuffled, etc. via Right Click > More Play Options. Then when you are finished adding everything to Playing Now, copy or save it as a new or updated Playlist, perhaps a new version number on it. Or delete the old Playlist and save the "Playing Now" as a new Playlist.

The easiest way to do that is probably to look in the "Playlists > Recent Play Now's" then find the list you want to use, and either;
- Drag and drop it up to the Playlists level then rename it, or
- Right click on it and "Send To > Playlist > Create Playlist" and provide a new name for it. If you use exactly the same name as the original, a suffix such as (1) will be added, then you can delete the one you don't want if you like, and rename the new one to remove the (1) if you like.

Basically, Playing Now is the active Playlist that will do what you asked for. A normal Playlist, on the other hand, is like a text document that is fixed until you save changes and re-open it.

BTW, I'm not sure if you meant playback stopped all together when you said this;
The play list stops playing a new track when I add the track while the play list is being used.

But playback doesn't stop for me when I add a track to a Playlist that is currently playing. If I have MC set to "Add (play now)" when I add a new track, then playback of the existing track stops, and playback of the track just added starts.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

sharok

• Recent member

Thanks again for your help.
When I add a new track (drag and drop) to the bottom of the "Playing now" play list, the playlist continue playing until it reaches the newly added track. that is where it stops.
But I will try your suggestions to see if I can get it to work.

blgentry

sharok,

What is your playback device?  Is it a network based renderer?

Brian.

sharok

• Recent member

The repeat "Playing Now" works fine. It repeats the whole playlist when it reaches the end.

But still when I add a track to the playing playlist, it stops at the end of the original list and does not play the recently added track which is minor.

Many thanks for your help.

I don't use network. I play from my laptop and pass the audio and visualization using HDMI to my XMC-1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up